Paul Whittaker Plumbing

Author Topic: Pavement on Stockport road.....  (Read 2846 times)

amazon

Re: Pavement on Stockport road.....
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 02:07:42 PM »
I sent a report to Councillor Susan Ingham and she passed it to Wayne Bardsley who told me that the area in question is the responsibility of the property owners and they have been told in the past to sort it out but some haven't. He's going to take it up with them again.

This is what I was told .

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 12:09:45 AM »
I sent a report to Councillor Susan Ingham and she passed it to Wayne Bardsley who told me that the area in question is the responsibility of the property owners and they have been told in the past to sort it out but some haven't. He's going to take it up with them again.

amazon

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 05:40:22 PM »
....between the corner of Union Road and the Post Office is in a dreadful state with uneven flagstones sticking up and down above and below the level of the pavement.

Yesterday an elderly lady turned her ankle over the edge of one of the protruding flags and sustained what could have been a very bad fall. Fortunately, although she couldn't save herself from falling full-length, she did manage to avoid hitting her head on the ground and she was shaken but not hurt. As a result of witnessing this I visited a number of business premises on that stretch and was informed that "lots" of people had fallen there due to the uneven surface, at least one of them requiring a visit to A&E. I was also told that the council had declined to do anything about it as the flagstones didn't fit the council's standard of dangerous-ness (apparently a flagstone has to protrude 2.5cms before it is considered to be dangerous!). It would be interesting to hear what the Court's reaction to this would be if someone sustained serious injuries and sued the council!

Will. Try and sort for you .

My login is Henrietta

Pavement on Stockport road.....
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 05:04:39 PM »
....between the corner of Union Road and the Post Office is in a dreadful state with uneven flagstones sticking up and down above and below the level of the pavement.

Yesterday an elderly lady turned her ankle over the edge of one of the protruding flags and sustained what could have been a very bad fall. Fortunately, although she couldn't save herself from falling full-length, she did manage to avoid hitting her head on the ground and she was shaken but not hurt. As a result of witnessing this I visited a number of business premises on that stretch and was informed that "lots" of people had fallen there due to the uneven surface, at least one of them requiring a visit to A&E. I was also told that the council had declined to do anything about it as the flagstones didn't fit the council's standard of dangerous-ness (apparently a flagstone has to protrude 2.5cms before it is considered to be dangerous!). It would be interesting to hear what the Court's reaction to this would be if someone sustained serious injuries and sued the council!