Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: Waters Family  (Read 7960 times)

valbar

Re: Waters Family
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 04:40:34 PM »
Hello Habs.
Leslie and I have been in contact as my husband John Barry Waters is a descendent of the Waters family originally from Compstall.  We live in Bournville Birmingham England Uk and visit Compstall, Glossop and surrounding areas quite often. I have been researching the family for some time now, should you wish to contact me I am more than happy to share any information you might find useful.

Regards
Val Waters.

habs

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 11:41:03 AM »
Hello Ms Leslie,
I hope you still monitor this site occasionally.  James Waters was also my great-grandfather.  I'm the grandson of his youngest son, Leonard, who also emigrated to the US early in the 20th century.  I'm guessing that Harriet and Harry came into the US through Boston and perhaps settled around Lawrence MA.  Leonard did, before moving to Southern New Hampshire, which is where I live.  You have much more information than I do. In fact, until I happened upon your post my knowledge stopped at our great grandparents.  I hadn't been able to find them prior to 1890 in Glossop/Whitfield.  Family legend had them at 43 Primrose Lane and thought the 1890 census didn't give an address, it did have them in Whitfield.  Leonard died when I was a baby, so I have very limited family knowledge.  I'd love to share any family information.
I'll also send you a message directly.  Hope to hear from you.
Jim

sooty2

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 05:48:16 PM »
Hi Ms Leslie, if you look in the virtual tour for Compstall cricket club you will see 2 Waters and 1 Hibbs.I have sent you a personal e-mail.

chslady

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 12:21:32 AM »
Hi - Not connected in anyway to your family, but have family history interests in Compstall/Bredbury. According to http://fsbeta.familysearch.org/s/recordDetails/show/421073811 Sarah was christened 15 Mar 1818 at St Chad's Chadkirk father Joseph, mother Peggy. Joseph's occupation is Weaver, place of abode Bredbury. In fact if you key in the last name of Waters with parents Joseph and Peggy you may also come up with other children for this couple. Sarah's son James, christened 3 Apr 1842 also at St Chad's can be found at this site.

On this site you cannot view the image, but you can save and download it to your machine. Can't confirm her death, although Cheshire BMD site has a death of a Sarah Waters, aged 59, at Hyde. You could apply for the certificate to see if this is the correct person.

Good luck with your research.

froggatt21

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 07:49:49 PM »
I am not certain that this will be of any use to you, but my great (adopted) aunt Eva Froggatt married a Frank Waters in Compstall in 1913.  Frank's father, John Waters was a local councilman.

Ms Leslie

Waters Family
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 01:41:07 AM »
Hi from across The Pond!  I am first generation American looking for ancestors and living relatives in the Compstall/Bredbury/Stockport area.  If anyone has Sarah Waters (b. abt. 1818 in Bredbury and probably died single in 1878, Compstall) in their family tree, I would love to hear from you.  I am looking to confirm Sarah’s parents as Joseph and Peggy Waters (Joseph not b. in Cheshire and Peggy b. abt. 1785 Bredbury), as well as confirm Sarah's death in 1878.  Sarah had James Waters b. 11 Feb 1842 in Basam, Compstall/Werneth, Hyde District.  Sarah’s son James Waters (my great-grandfather) m. Sarah Elizabeth Smith 1 Aug 1869 in Hyde and they settled in Glossop around 1890.  James and Sarah had 10 known children; all b. in either the Hyde/Werneth area or Compstall Road, Ludworth/Glossop area.  One – Annie Waters m. John Pearson Ward in 1901 in Werneth and in 1911, they were living in Hyde with 2 of their children – Ada and Willie John Ward.  Also looking for Maggie Briggs who m. Edwin Whittaker.  I have other relatives in Cheshire and Derbyshire – Poole and Potts but they are from the Crewe area.  My great-grandparents John and Rose Sophia (Palmer) Poole settled in Glossop around 1880.  My grandparents were Harry and Harriet (Waters) Poole and they immigrated to the United States with my father in 1909.  Hope to hear from someone who can add a few branches to my tree. :)  Ms. Leslie