Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: So where was the party?  (Read 3804 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: So where was the party?
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 09:05:11 PM »
Thanks for that Henrietta

You're welcome.

amazon

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 08:50:40 PM »

Yes interesting posting .......

tigerman

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 08:38:36 PM »

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 09:57:07 PM »
It woke me at around 3am and kept me awake throught to 7am. Unfortunately, I had to work that day. I am considering better ear-plugs but what are the rules (if any) concerning all-night noise in a residential area?
The Noise Act (1996) enables local authorities to measure noise, establish whether it exceeds a “permitted” level, and, crucially, to silence main offenders. The law was introduced as a means of controlling raves, so it’s especially effective when it comes to party-like cases that occur between 11pm and 7am. It allows the noise people from the council to order offenders to stop it immediately, have their sound system confiscated, and/or face a fine. Unfortunately the law is only effective if the local authority has chosen to implement it. Contact SMBC for more details.

It might be worth calling the police if it occurs again (and it adds credence if your neighbours are also disturbed and will report it as well). If the police believe the noise is “a breach of the peace” (which means, technically, it’s causing harm to a person or provoking others to violence) then they have powers to arrest, disperse or detain the perpetrators.

Quoting the law under which you are complaining is likely to make the Authorities take you more seriously as it makes them think you know your stuff and may cause them more bother if they ignore you than if they take action.

tigerman

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 08:24:24 PM »
It woke me at around 3am and kept me awake throught to 7am. Unfortunately, I had to work that day. I am considering better ear-plugs but what are the rules (if any) concerning all-night noise in a residential area?

tonyjones

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 01:44:19 PM »
When I took the dogs for a walk around 9:30 there was a group of people in the woods just above Marple station, near the tennis courts, with a fire going and music playing. It was the same music I had heard around 6:00am.

Deniseam

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 12:58:36 PM »
And its inconsiderate.  We thought it must be at a farm as we couldn't understand why the neighbours hadn't complained.  We live across the valley and could hear it. 

simonesaffron

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 11:01:37 PM »
At Marple station this 0645 morning I heard what at first I thought was a loud car radio but as I approached the platform realised it was coming from somewhere on the Marple side side. Some tired teenagers on the platforms so presumably an all nighter somewhere. I doubt anyone got much sleep for some way around!

And ?

corium

So where was the party?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 08:24:10 PM »
At Marple station this 0645 morning I heard what at first I thought was a loud car radio but as I approached the platform realised it was coming from somewhere on the Marple side side. Some tired teenagers on the platforms so presumably an all nighter somewhere. I doubt anyone got much sleep for some way around!