Estate agency, done differently in Marple and District

Author Topic: CAR BREAK IN - BRAMHAM ROAD  (Read 2684 times)

Russ

Re: CAR BREAK IN - BRAMHAM ROAD
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 09:03:45 AM »
A local scrote was locked up 15 months ago, well known for similar offences, maybe he's out again.

The Council/DSS seem to dumping all their problems on Marple lately. All the buy to let properties are partly to blame.

Harry

Re: CAR BREAK IN - BRAMHAM ROAD
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 02:04:58 PM »
After my car was broken into a few years ago, and my SatNav stolen, the police told me that thieves look for the marks left by the SatNav holder on the inside of the windscreen. But it's no good cleaning the marks off, because they also look for a clean area free of marks. They recommended always cleaning the whole inside of the windscreen after using a SatNav.

Also, the majority of people keep their SatNav in the car, usually in the glovebox. The thieves know this, so not having it on display is no deterrent. Keep it in the boot or not in the car at all.

spr_1975

CAR BREAK IN - BRAMHAM ROAD
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 08:39:00 AM »
Hi All,

Just wanted to make you all aware that our car was broken into last night, at some point between 6.45pm yesterday evening (Wednesday) and 6.45am this morning (Thursday) on Bramham Road. The most frustrating thing is that it happened whilst the car was parked on the driveway!

Luckily there is no damage to the car as they appear to have popped open one of the little quarter windows at the back, and they have only taken a Satnav and £10 of emergency petrol money. They obviously didn't like our taste in music as none of the CD's were taken!

It's a little frustrating as nothing was on show and everything was out of sight as you're always told to do. We appreciate there is very little you can do to prevent this kind of thing from happening, but just thought you all should know so you can be vigilant.