Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Stockport MBC becomes a little more secure  (Read 12274 times)

Dave

Re: Stockport MBC becomes a little more secure
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 07:56:15 AM »
Seeing as Wheels, as usual, will not give a straight answer to a straight question, I'll have a go.

At the moment there are 56 Lib Dem MPs. It is widely predicted that they will lose some of these, and not gain many new seats, if any.  But the Lib Dems have in the past proved to be very good at hanging on to what they already hold, even in adverse circumstances (e.g. at the Eastleigh by election last year).  And in those seats (there are many) where the Tories come second, the Tories are likely to lose a few votes to UKIP.  So incumbent Lib Dem MPs, even if they lose some votes, could still scrape home, thanks to Mr Farage!

My prediction is 39.

wheels

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 11:10:12 PM »
Well I expect they will be under represented as usual.

Bowden Guy

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 08:13:24 PM »
Wheels, I would be very interested in your forecast of the total number of LD MPs who will be elected on 7 May 2015.

wheels

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 04:29:30 PM »
I thought I answered that.

And hey it does not just make life easier for Councillor it makes life easier for members of this board.

Dave

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 04:25:28 PM »
I wasn't asking about whether it would make life easier for councillors, I was just wondering whether it would have any effect on council services. 

wheels

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 04:15:59 PM »
It will make life easier for the controlling group at least until the by election in the Tory held seat, which might well be a Tory defeat, the Cllr who resigned was only elected last May. people don't like that and who knows what the ex Labour member will do. But it fragments the oppostion and says somehing about the state of the opposition parties in Stockport.

In terms of will it make a difference to the controlling group yes in that day to day management becomes easier in terms of the actual running of the council then probably not as the controlling group are just that the controlling group it will just be easier for a while for them.

Knew you would be the first reply Dave

Dave

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 04:08:11 PM »
Will it make any difference?

wheels

Stockport MBC becomes a little more secure
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 10:52:10 AM »
I see a Tory Councillor has resigned from the Council and a Labour Councillor has resigned from the Labour Party all in the same week. Good News eh ;-)