A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Author Topic: Marple Food and Drink Festival  (Read 4001 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Marple Food and Drink Festival
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 04:45:25 PM »
One of the organisers told me that the horse was poorly :-(
Oh dear. Poor thing. Thanks for the info.

Stationery Supplies

Re: Marple Food and Drink Festival
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 04:30:14 PM »
One of the organisers told me that the horse was poorly :-(

My login is Henrietta

Marple Food and Drink Festival
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 03:21:50 PM »
Just got back from the Food and Drink Festival. Well done to the organisers and the participants.

It had drawn in hundreds, I think, of people who were all enjoying the food available and looking round and will, we hope come and shop locally now they know what's available.

I was tempted and fell for raspberry and redcurrant jam and apricot jam from the Girl Guides stall (goodness they'd been busy - the WI needs to look to it's laurels!), strawberries from Wilson's stall and some rhubarb from the allotments stall. I had some pretty good paella from Murillo's stand, was sorely tempted by all the cake stalls and wished I had room for one of Rick's hot dogs from the ATN stand and some goodies from the Persian food stall. Bought some tombola tickets and didn't win anything but live in hope of the raffle tickets.

The Marple band was playing. There was a Spanish guitarist near Murillo's stand and various groups playing near the childrens' games on Derby Street. I really wanted a go on the bungee trampoline thingy but there was a weight and age limit and I haven't been that small since I was 10:'(

I realised it was time to head home when one of the groups started playing a Lonnie Donegan song and I knew the words!

My only complaint was WHERE WAS THE PROMISED ROBINSON'S BREWERY HORSE????It was either very early in the day or very late as none of the stall holders had seen it. I had bought a new packet of Polo mints especially for the day.