Estate agency, done differently in Marple and District

Author Topic: Cromwell Avenue Park is Open...  (Read 4419 times)

CromwellAvenuePark

Re: Cromwell Avenue Park is Open...
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2014, 01:00:21 PM »
Looking for something to do 2 weeks today - Sunday 28th September, 1-3pm...?

http://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=5819.0

Cheers

beccastar

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 05:05:14 PM »
Thank you for the comments about the boys who have built the den. It was my two boys and their friend.

CromwellAvenuePark

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 09:33:57 PM »
Yes Mark / all - the local Marple council have been very supportive throughout and helped in the process to secure additional funding.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 09:27:51 PM »
Just shows what the community can do over and above the local council.
I'm not sure that's fair. My understanding is that the council has worked closely with FoCAP and been very supportive. Better to say that it just shows what can be done when the council and the community work together.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

CromwellAvenuePark

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 08:54:55 PM »
Oh - one final message from me.

In my initial email I didn't say thanks to the donation from Marple Carnival (money to be invested in the upcoming park opening and raised beds) as well as Manchester Airport who helped out to pay for the green bench in the middle of the park.

Thanks all - this is very much appreciated by all on the committee (and all who use the park)

CromwellAvenuePark

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 08:51:18 PM »
Great to hear more positive feedback and loving the smiling faces on the play unit!  I'll be bankrupt based on the amount of people I will owe drinks to at this rate with the lovely comments already.

Isher - firstly, thanks so much for you cleaning up.  Much appreciated!  I fully agree with you on the bin and one is scheduled to be put in the park - but there's been a delay.  I have followed up again with Stockport Council this evening.  We are trying to action this ASAP as appreciate we don't want lots of litter to then negate the new equipment.  As I said on the FOCAP twitter account the other day - please take your litter home (although I didn't want to lecture people...). 

Hopefully most (I'd love to say all but that's probably a long shot) will take home - and the committee will be on hand to clear up as well as and when they can - but if anyone does see anything in the meantime, please can you help us keep the park clean too.  More drinks to be purchased to more folk...

The den was built by a couple of lads on Cromwell Avenue - I agree, it's fab. 

Look forward seeing you all at the park opening - watch this space for a date!

Cheers

Rob

Isher or aint ya?

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 07:42:22 PM »
Just been on the park for about the millionth time with my little lad. We love the park and well done to everyone who has helped to make it what it is today. I appreciate there is a little bit more to do but just thought I'd mention that we've just got back now and I've filled a carrier bag with sweet wrappers, cans, bus tickets etc.

I don't think for one minute that all kids will use a bin all of the time but the park really needs one. It'd be a shame to spoil all the hard work with litter strewn about the place.

I'm happy to do my bit and look after the area but a bin is needed soon!

(PS I notice the nice young lads who built the 'Den' want to upgrade it with some netting and are trying to raise the funds for it. I assume it's them as they didn't put their names or a place to donate on their notice. That said, it's nice to see some decent kids looking after the park and not trashing it like other parks have been!)

Duke Fame

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 06:59:09 PM »
Just shows what the community can do over and above the local council.

inkboxofmarple

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 12:44:56 PM »
I spent my the majority of my childhood there so was very excited to take my son for the first time on Monday night, he loved it!

I've never seen a roundabout like that, its like a roundabout meets gladiators travellator (sp?)

well done to everyone who has worked on this project that is a fantastic space for all the local community to enjoy!

[attachment deleted by admin]

CromwellAvenuePark

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 07:54:31 PM »
That's great to hear Middle wood.  If we could have one response that summed up the work done by a fair few people over the last 2 years then that would be it.  I owe you a drink, whoever you are and wherever you live!

Glad you and your daughter liked it - and many more will continue to do so over the summer holidays!

We also have preliminary plans in place with Marple High to get the kids using the park as a nature / science project + we're also trying to get some additional funding for raised beds so we can all use the park (as well as the children of course!).

Cheers and have a good evening.

Middle wood

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 06:18:20 PM »
I didn't know that this park existed - tucked away behind Marple Hall Drive. I visited today with my little girl and she had a lovely time. A little gem of a park and on our door step. Well Done to all those who have worked hard to create a great community space again.

CromwellAvenuePark

Cromwell Avenue Park is Open...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 08:49:05 PM »
Evening all

The Friends of Cromwell Avenue Park have posted on here a number of times giving updates on the installation of new children's play equipment and local community events.

I am pleased to inform (bang on time for the school holidays) that the park is officially open - so do head down to Rose Hill (the park is just off Marple Hall Drive / Marina Drive) and have a go on the new swings, play unit, roundabout, see saw and springer.  Or take a picnic and chill out and kick around a football.

The grass and surrounding area still needs a bit of TLC (the only time we've been wishing for a bit more rain) so the official opening will be put back until September when the kids go back to school.

I don't want this to be a boring essay but a big thanks to all who have helped us get this far - from those on the FOCAP committee, to Craig and Martin (plus others) on the local council in help securing funding plus all those from surrounding streets who have attended a number of community events.

We wanted the park to be the centre of our local community and we hope this can be a permanent place for local children of all ages and families to have fun.

Cheers and look forward to seeing you all at the park!

Rob & FOCAP committee