Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: Post  (Read 2347 times)

marplerambler

Re: Post
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 11:17:21 AM »
I remember the subject of missing post being a subject of discussion in February 2013 at a time when I received an envelope which had been slit open and I made the following comment:-

I was with a friend from Stalybridge recently who suddenly started sneezing and had no handkerchief so I gave him my clean,  ironed hanky. I completely forgot about it and was  surprised to receive an ordinary envelope through the post a few days later containing a freshly laundered, neatly folded handkerchief. I suspect that the post office employee who had used a razor blade to open the full length of the bottom of the envelope and who then skillfully disguised and resealed the slit. He must have been even more surprised to find that there was no golden chain or hidden treasure to steal. I was annoyed about this but didn't report the matter because I didn't want the local postman who is a very helpful and courteous bloke to be questioned.     

Some interesting comments about this subject were made last year which are worth a quick perusal.

Howard

Re: Post
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 01:51:50 PM »
Go to Royal Mail Customer Services.

Customer Service Helpline: 03457 740 740 (textphone 0846000606)

FREEPOST
PO Box 740
Plymouth
PL9 7YB

Email: customerservice@your.royalmail.com

amazon

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 12:59:38 PM »
Who do I complain to when ones post has been slit open .twi items of charity post this morning .not as though I want the charity items .but should not have been opened ...

Thank you ..