Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Sale of the Marple CO-OP to ASDA  (Read 238515 times)

Barbara

Re: Sale of the Marple CO-OP to ASDA
« Reply #359 on: February 01, 2015, 04:08:20 PM »
Does the car park actually belong to the Co-op?  I seem to remember there being some doubt about this before, when it was disputed that they could charge for parking. 

amazon

« Reply #358 on: February 01, 2015, 01:45:28 PM »
Looks as though it's a full rip out rewire heating .staff going on training coarses .they are still saying six weeks .can someone else Ask as well .

There are other small coops not far away .Bredbury .  A6 . Down the road Marple Garage .ita not as though they are going out of business .

amazon

« Reply #357 on: February 01, 2015, 12:12:45 PM »
What's the source on that? 6 weeks seems an awfully long time, and has the danger of people getting used to not shopping in Marple. Which is bad for all the businesses, not just ASDA.
Looks as though it's a full rip out rewire heating .staff going on training coarses .they are still saying six weeks .can someone else Ask as well .

Harry

« Reply #356 on: February 01, 2015, 10:13:02 AM »
If it's true that the Asda car park will be closed to the public then it may be that they need easy access for their teams of shopfitters etc. Shoppers will just have to park in one of the council car parks. They only ever seem to be full at Christmas. Or people could always walk.

I would expect Asda to introduce a charge for their car park anyway. Refundable after spending something like £5 in store. Afterall Asda will probably be considerably busier then the Co-op, so they'll need their car park for their customers, not for other local traders.

Duke Fame

« Reply #355 on: February 01, 2015, 09:17:05 AM »
What's the source on that? 6 weeks seems an awfully long time, and has the danger of people getting used to not shopping in Marple. Which is bad for all the businesses, not just ASDA.

I think other businesses would do well in that time IF the car park was open. Looks a bit of a mean trick to close the carpark.

marpleexile

« Reply #354 on: February 01, 2015, 07:38:19 AM »
I was told it will have a small GEORGE clothing and an opticians.

Most supermarkets have their clothing range in anything larger than a convirnence store sized shop, so that makes  sense. But it'd be a squeeze to fit in an opticians as well.

marpleexile

« Reply #353 on: February 01, 2015, 07:35:57 AM »
Staff told by two different staff this morning .

Fair enough. But it's a pity about that car park as that is going to screw everyone else.

JMC

« Reply #352 on: January 31, 2015, 10:21:09 PM »
I was told it will have a small GEORGE clothing and an opticians.

amazon

« Reply #351 on: January 31, 2015, 04:38:56 PM »

Staff told by two different staff this morning .

marpleexile

« Reply #350 on: January 31, 2015, 03:43:06 PM »
Re opens April as ASDA will be interesting to see how busy Marple is when closed .the car park will be closed of so no parking there ..

Victor M

« Reply #349 on: January 31, 2015, 03:24:11 PM »
Re opens April as ASDA

April seems a long time for the store to be closed, it only took them 2 weeks to convert the store at Hazel Grove.

amazon

« Reply #348 on: January 31, 2015, 01:48:55 PM »
Yes - signs up saying CO-OP will close on 14th Feb

Re opens April as ASDA will be interesting to see how busy Marple is when closed .the car park will be closed of so no parking there ..

BennyBlue

« Reply #347 on: January 26, 2015, 08:57:49 PM »
Yes - signs up saying CO-OP will close on 14th Feb

amazon

« Reply #346 on: December 19, 2014, 08:28:27 PM »
Valentine's Day  ;D
as I said sooner the better it was terrible in there this morning very little veg not many in .

Some lovely expensive turkeys .£45 large .....

Move on time for change .feel sorry for some of the staff some will be going ..you can't stand around talking .

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #345 on: December 19, 2014, 02:02:53 PM »

14 feb they take over ....
Valentine's Day  ;D