Estate agency, done differently in Marple and District

Author Topic: Sale of the Marple CO-OP to ASDA  (Read 238407 times)

JMC

Re: Sale of the Marple CO-OP to ASDA
« Reply #299 on: September 15, 2014, 10:32:34 AM »
I reckon they are doing it after Christmas because it is busiest period and would probably be a complete nightmare trying to fit everything in before. Not to mention the huge money they would lose. Either way I am looking forward to the new Asda.

JMC

« Reply #298 on: September 15, 2014, 10:30:57 AM »

Who do you think you are?? You don't know anything about a particular persons day. Some people just have bad days. They didn't get enough sleep. Their cat died at the weekend. Could be anything. How dare you suggest ALL staff should give you the time of day at ALL times like you're some kind of god.

Hmmm, OK.. Well when I worked in customer services, we had to be polite at all times no matter what day we had had. Tutting at an old lady because she took a while to get money out is not acceptable nor does expecting reasonable service mean you think you are some sort of God!! Sure everyone has an off day and may not be on top form/super friendly every time but there is never an excuse for rudeness.

Dave

« Reply #297 on: September 15, 2014, 10:07:23 AM »
I asked about this and was also told February, but he was very much of the attitude of “…if it even happens at all.” I’m not sure if that was sour grapes cos it’s been put on hold or if it genuinely is precarious for whatever reasons.

That was my first thought too, when someone posted here that the changeover had been put back to Feb, when it was previously expected about now.  It could be that the negotiations have stalled over a problem of some sort.  But even if that's the case, one thing is certain - the Co-op will dispose of it eventually.  Nationally they have made it plain that their policy is to concentrate on convenience stores in future. 

Dizzy Penguin

« Reply #296 on: September 15, 2014, 08:22:04 AM »
I asked about this and was also told February, but he was very much of the attitude of “…if it even happens at all.” I’m not sure if that was sour grapes cos it’s been put on hold or if it genuinely is precarious for whatever reasons.

Anyway, like Henrietta, I’ve always found the staff cheerful and fine. And unlike Henrietta, I’m not always cheerful and fine myself!

In fact there’s one lady who’s name escapes me (in her 40’s at a guess, blonde bob) who saw me with my newborn baby 18 months ago and now always asks about him when I’m at her checkout. She’s very friendly without being too in your face. I find all the staff friendly in Co-op, except for maybe ...............[removed by admin - PM me if you'd like to know why].

All staff (not just a handful) should be polite and welcoming at all times.

Who do you think you are?? You don't know anything about a particular persons day. Some people just have bad days. They didn't get enough sleep. Their cat died at the weekend. Could be anything. How dare you suggest ALL staff should give you the time of day at ALL times like you're some kind of god.

JMC

« Reply #295 on: September 14, 2014, 05:56:43 PM »
Unfortunately, some of the people who complain about the attitude of the staff in the Co-op are also people who exhibit rude behaviour on this forum. There may be a conclusion to be drawn.

I repeat: It has not been my experience that Co-op staff are rude or unhelpful but then, I'm not rude or unpleasant to them. There again, perhaps there's a conclusion to be drawn.

It seems like you are suggesting I get rudeness because I am rude!!!  :D And you get friendly responses because you are nice!!! Do you work at the Coop by any chance  ;)

Sorry but I have never been 'rude' on this forum!! Or in the Coop!! In fact I know many staff there to speak to. A few are friendly, yes. But there are some who it seems like don't want to be there or don't make any effort or chat in the aisles for ages. Overall, though, surely the customer is always right, if their experience has been bad then this should be dealt with. Many residents say it is badly stocked/unfriendly etc. At the very least it should be seen as a possibility and not simply blaming the customer!!

The (non rude) elderly lady was slow, yes, she is 80+ with arthritis and took a while to order/get money out of purse. But that doesn't mean the staff member should be rude back surely!

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #294 on: September 14, 2014, 04:30:57 PM »
I doubt it somehow as I have heard it so many times from numerous different people, on here and from acquaintances, friends and relatives. All staff (not just a handful) should be polite and welcoming at all times. I have never noticed this in any other supermarket. Blaming the customer is a cop out.
Unfortunately, some of the people who complain about the attitude of the staff in the Co-op are also people who exhibit rude behaviour on this forum. There may be a conclusion to be drawn.

I repeat: It has not been my experience that Co-op staff are rude or unhelpful but then, I'm not rude or unpleasant to them. There again, perhaps there's a conclusion to be drawn.

JMC

« Reply #293 on: September 14, 2014, 11:32:18 AM »
How very odd. I always find them friendly and helpful even at the end of a busy shift. I'm greeted like a welcome customer both at the checkout and when I need to ask one of the floor walkers a question.

Perhaps it's not just the attitude of the staff that causes the problems that certain people on here complain about? A smile and a "hello" doesn't cost customers anything either.

I doubt it somehow as I have heard it so many times from numerous different people, on here and from acquaintances, friends and relatives. All staff (not just a handful) should be polite and welcoming at all times. I have never noticed this in any other supermarket. Blaming the customer is a cop out.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #292 on: September 13, 2014, 03:31:54 PM »
I know it has been mentioned before on here but I hope the staff are given some training in customer service when it becomes as ASDA. Went in earlier with an elderly lady and the female staff member at the cafe was very impatient and unfriendly even though they were very quiet and nobody was behind us in the queue. Additionally, the lady who served me at checkout didn't even acknowledge me never mind smile or even pretend they wanted to be there. Awful staff!
How very odd. I always find them friendly and helpful even at the end of a busy shift. I'm greeted like a welcome customer both at the checkout and when I need to ask one of the floor walkers a question.

Perhaps it's not just the attitude of the staff that causes the problems that certain people on here complain about? A smile and a "hello" doesn't cost customers anything either.

sgk

« Reply #291 on: September 12, 2014, 06:29:17 PM »
That's what I heard this morning they had a meeting yesterday .

A member of staff has told me it's February too.

amazon

« Reply #290 on: September 12, 2014, 03:24:26 PM »
The coop store in Marple will be closing in February for its refit
That's what I heard this morning they had a meeting yesterday .

alex

« Reply #289 on: September 11, 2014, 07:35:46 PM »
The coop store in Marple will be closing in February for its refit

amazon

« Reply #288 on: September 11, 2014, 02:51:43 PM »
I know it has been mentioned before on here but I hope the staff are given some training in customer service when it becomes as ASDA. Went in earlier with an elderly lady and the female staff member at the cafe was very impatient and unfriendly even though they were very quiet and nobody was behind us in the queue. Additionally, the lady who served me at checkout didn't even acknowledge me never mind smile or even pretend they wanted to be there. Awful staff!
Cafe is going .

JMC

« Reply #287 on: September 11, 2014, 02:03:15 PM »

amazon

« Reply #286 on: September 04, 2014, 09:05:36 PM »
I'd be surprised if they close at all, but certainly if it was for any longer than a long weekend.

I think a week or even month of overnights with "closed" floor space during opening hours would be more likely.

They certainly don't want the few residents who currently shop in Marple getting into the habit of going else where.
Like the few ,,Marple is going to be busy when they open .

marpleexile

« Reply #285 on: September 04, 2014, 07:36:22 PM »
Poss night job that's what the coop did when they sort of modernised few years ago .

I'd be surprised if they close at all, but certainly if it was for any longer than a long weekend.

I think a week or even month of overnights with "closed" floor space during opening hours would be more likely.

They certainly don't want the few residents who currently shop in Marple getting into the habit of going else where.