Cole and Fox Interior Design Marple | Romiley | Stockport

Author Topic: Sale of the Marple CO-OP to ASDA  (Read 238380 times)

amazon

Re: Sale of the Marple CO-OP to ASDA
« Reply #284 on: September 04, 2014, 06:42:01 PM »
They'd be crazy to do that - they would have no customers left by the time they re-opened!

Poss night job that's what the coop did when they sort of modernised few years ago .

Dave

« Reply #283 on: September 04, 2014, 05:53:17 PM »
They'd be crazy to do that - they would have no customers left by the time they re-opened!

JMC

« Reply #282 on: September 04, 2014, 01:18:52 PM »
I heard it would be shut for 6 weeks!! :o

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #281 on: September 03, 2014, 06:40:30 PM »
Agreed.  I'll be amazed if the shop closes for a month.  A day or two would be enough time for the signs to be changed and the stock to be valued.  (Bring it on  ;D)
I would imagine it depends on how much structural work they intend doing.

Melancholyflower

« Reply #280 on: September 02, 2014, 08:57:13 PM »
Oh yes, and boy did regular users of the A6 notice.

amazon

« Reply #279 on: September 02, 2014, 01:15:50 PM »
Does anyone know how long the old Coop site in Hazel Grove was closed whilst it became an ASDA. That might give us some idea how long it will take.
I think it was two weeks but the road layout and car park took quite a good while .

wheels

« Reply #278 on: September 02, 2014, 12:48:09 PM »
I thought they opened the store way before all the car park had finished.

Your correct Victor they opened before the CP was remodelled and that itself was held up by various utility problems

Victor M

« Reply #277 on: September 02, 2014, 11:19:33 AM »
Asda had to re-model the car park etc and i suspect it's not quite as significant in that Marple can be far more profitable.

I thought they opened the store way before all the car park had finished.

Duke Fame

« Reply #276 on: September 02, 2014, 11:15:25 AM »
Does anyone know how long the old Coop site in Hazel Grove was closed whilst it became an ASDA. That might give us some idea how long it will take.

Asda had to re-model the car park etc and i suspect it's not quite as significant in that Marple can be far more profitable.

Duke Fame

« Reply #275 on: September 02, 2014, 11:13:23 AM »
Agreed.  I'll be amazed if the shop closes for a month.  A day or two would be enough time for the signs to be changed and the stock to be valued.  (Bring it on  ;D)

I don't think they will value the stock, I'd expect the whole lot will be moved out in one go including the fittings etc. They may leave the lighting and PA but expect to see a team of over 50 come in and move it all. Similarly, Asda's team will come in, and refit in no time at all. Then it's just a case of getting the stock in. 

Victor M

« Reply #274 on: September 02, 2014, 10:41:44 AM »

wheels

« Reply #273 on: September 02, 2014, 10:38:26 AM »
I would have thought it might take a little longer but not a month. No retailer would want to give up a months sales at such a key time of the year. But I would have thought they would want to redesign the store and perhaps remove the cafe to create more sales space. But I agree they will do it quickly. After all the social engineering the Council has been engaged in has to have been for some purpose.

Dave

« Reply #272 on: September 02, 2014, 07:08:02 AM »

Duke Fame

« Reply #271 on: September 01, 2014, 05:35:22 PM »
One of the staff told me the other day that they think it will be towards the end of September and the store may be closed for about a month.  It is only the bank that is finishing on the 9th.  Mind you, even the staff are not sure of the timing yet.

Just a guess but I'd have thought they will swap it over within a week. The Netto shops were smaller but the swap happened within a week.

Howard

« Reply #270 on: September 01, 2014, 03:24:13 PM »
Thank you for your kind words .Howard .

No problem. Happy to explain any of the posts you don't understand  ;)