To advertise on this site

Author Topic: Stockport from the Air (inc. Marple content)  (Read 5306 times)

Howard

Re: Stockport from the Air (inc. Marple content)
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 10:42:06 PM »
Yes, I've got that book. I can almost see my house on page 108 but it cuts us off mid row.

Mr Marple

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 09:28:35 PM »
Ooooooh I like this.

amazon

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 09:19:14 PM »
There is a book .Stockport from above .yesterday and today . By Jd smith and web aviation .co.uk  I was lucky when I ordered one in 208 he came and delivered in person .signed as well .its a exellent book .200 hundred pages
Have a look on amazon or call in marple bookshop . Or the website .webbaviation.co.uk .

Up date if you do manage to have a look at a copy .page 109 there's a lovely view of marple memorial park
And oldnows warehouse

amazon

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 09:01:18 PM »
Thanks, Marvel. Those were the links I put in but the site shrinks them somewhat when it embeds them.

And thank you, marplerampler. I didn't know about those. I'll see if I can find them.
There is a book .Stockport from above .yesterday and today . By Jd smith and web aviation .co.uk  I was lucky when I ordered one in 208 he came and delivered in person .signed as well .its a exellent book .200 hundred pages
Have a look on amazon or call in marple bookshop . Or the website .webbaviation.co.uk .

Howard

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 07:20:47 PM »
Thanks Howard.

Direct links to the large photos here:

http://i3.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article6986948.ece/alternates/s2197/Church-Street-and-environs-Marple-1929.jpg

http://i3.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article6986955.ece/alternates/s2197/Hollins-Cotton-Mill-and-the-Memorial-Park-Marple-1929.jpg

Thanks, Marvel. Those were the links I put in but the site shrinks them somewhat when it embeds them.

If it is old photographs that you want to see there are 1089 of old Marple alone (heaven knows how many others of the whole Stockport area) to be seen by googling Stockport Library Stockport Image Archive. The only problem is that the connection to the site can be slow when the internet is busy.

And thank you, marplerampler. I didn't know about those. I'll see if I can find them.

marplerambler

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 04:49:51 PM »
If it is old photographs that you want to see there are 1089 of old Marple alone (heaven knows how many others of the whole Stockport area) to be seen by googling Stockport Library Stockport Image Archive. The only problem is that the connection to the site can be slow when the internet is busy.

Howard

Stockport from the Air (inc. Marple content)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 03:38:31 PM »
There's a "Britain from the Air Project" which has just been mentioned on the MEN website. Here's the link:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/nostalgia/stockport-air-30-fascinating-aerial-7041060

There are a couple of Marple photos, apparently from 1929, which are quite interesting: