Marple based web design | Websites That Work For You!

Author Topic: indian restaurants  (Read 15089 times)

myloweb

Re: indian restaurants
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 08:13:51 PM »
Eight of us tried the Jodhpur Lounge last Thursday. It opened on Wednesday and is based where the old Rock Tavern was on Glossop Road.
The satff were very friendly and food quite nice, however I don't think they will be there too long due to the location.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2011, 05:07:45 PM »
Our friend said they had been to Kinaray week before and were very disappointed, actually said they would never go back.

We went last night - more than satisfied, as we always are - and look forward to going again soon!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

sgk

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2011, 04:59:09 PM »
Purple Pakora definitely taking over , they now have a banner on Brabyns brow next to Basmati.

Looks like some progress on the Basmati -> Purple Pakora project is imminent
http://twitter.com/#!/DV8Designs

Quote from: twitter
DV8Designs Lee
Excited! As client has given the go ahead on the re-modelling & redesign of an Indian restaurant in #marple bridge! Watch this space!
[/tt]

myloweb

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 05:54:12 PM »
Went with some friends to Shabaz in Bredbury last Thursday. Absolute quality.
Our friend said they had been to Kinaray week before and were very disappointed, actually said they would never go back.

myloweb

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2011, 09:17:47 PM »
We ha lovely meal in the Indigo last Saturday. Food and service excellent.

Have tried the old Wright's arms one. Nice experience but pricey..........prefer Blue Nile and Indigo

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2011, 07:47:19 PM »
We tried it soon after it opened. The food and service was good, comparable with the Basmati, but a little more expensive. Having tried it I would tend to stick with the Basmati or Kinarary or go to the Blue Nile at Hazel Grove.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Harry

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2011, 01:53:15 PM »
Has anybody tried the Spice Tower in Offerton? Its in the building that used to be the Wrights Arms, opposite the BP petrol station.

Harry

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 10:20:09 PM »
Yes. Changes in spring or summer. A little vague.

moorendman

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 04:33:24 PM »
Purple Pakora definitely taking over , they now have a banner on Brabyns brow next to Basmati.

alan@marple

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 04:16:26 PM »
I had a very nice meal in the Basmati on Saturday, service was a bit slow but the food was great. The manager told me that he would be leaving at the end of the month.

I was recently at the Purple Packquora and a member of the staff told me that the had acquired the Basmati.

moorendman

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 10:32:37 PM »
I would second any reccomendations for both teh Blue Nile and Indigo. I did hear that the Purple Pakora lot were taking over Basmati on Brabyns.

elpram

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 09:05:21 PM »
The Indigo in Romiley is lovely too - a few different things on the menu to the usual.

Take away in Marple itself is usually the Empress or if we fancy Beef Podina it has to be Basmati  ;D

myloweb

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 10:00:04 PM »
The Blue Nile is superb. We have never had a bad meal there, it is always heaving though so booking is advised.
We have been twice to the new one on Marple road ( the old Wrights Arms) food was very good there as well.

Both of the above are enjoyable for a good night out. For takeaways and a bit of something different one evening the Shabaz as written earlier is also superb.

Unfortunately in Marple, we do not seem to have takeaway or restaurant in the same class as the 3 mentioned above.
( in my humble opinion that is)

Rachael

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 04:27:19 PM »
Im not keen on the Kinray, but admittedly I havent been for a few years  , we get take a ways from the Blue nile in hazel grove, they have just been awarded five stars for their food hygiene standards :).

We sat in a couple of saturdays ago, the place was absolutely heaving, BUT service was still quick as there was plenty of staff, and the food was really yummy :)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 07:22:34 AM »
We use the Kinaray quite often, both for take-away and eating in the restaurant. Always been satisfied with the food and the service. Used both since Christmas.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website