Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: Duddys yard, right size for a tesco express or similar??  (Read 12366 times)

marpleexile

Re: Duddys yard, right size for a tesco express or similar??
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 07:44:54 PM »
Difficult access. Difficult highways issues.

Depends, surely, on exactly what is for sale. Assuming the store front comes with the yard, then there would be room for a modest Express type store, with room left over for more parking than the average one has.

If there is (relatively speaking) plenty of parking space, then I can't see there being a highways issue. Being located between two sets of traffic lights would give natural breaks in the traffic for people to enter and exit the car park without causing major issues (Yates' garage doesn't ever cause a traffic snarl up with cars constantly entering or leaving the forecourt).

marpleexile

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2014, 07:35:24 PM »
Sensible negotiation between the Council and Royal Mail should produce a mutually acceptable solution, surely. 

Good one Dave. Tell us another.

The Council have behaved far from sensibly over this wider issue so far, to expect any different now is wishful thinking.

Dave

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 06:39:53 PM »
But surely that is only a 'worst case scenario' in which the Royal Mail is completely unreasonable and refuses to accept any other location, however suitable it may be.   

Stockport Council owns plenty of land - they certainly wouldn't need to buy the Duddy's site - and no doubt they have several sites which could be suitable for a new sorting office.  Sensible negotiation between the Council and Royal Mail should produce a mutually acceptable solution, surely. 

wheels

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 05:33:05 PM »
I'm not surprised either, for the same reasons as Henrietta.  But it's not a good place for a supermarket, for all the reasons given above. 

As for this:
£2 million! Why £2 million?  Neither the Duddy's site nor the construction costs would be anything like that level of expense. 

I think this refers to buying out the lease for the existing Royal Mail site

Dave

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 04:26:57 PM »
I'm not surprised either, for the same reasons as Henrietta.  But it's not a good place for a supermarket, for all the reasons given above. 

As for this:
the council will not stump up the 2 million pounds to relocate [the sorting office] as they cannot justify the expense to the electorate

£2 million! Why £2 million?  Neither the Duddy's site nor the construction costs would be anything like that level of expense. 

wheels

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 03:34:40 PM »
It's the arrow shaped plot in the middle of this shot. Could the Post Office sorting office be relocated there?

I shall repeat myself again. The sorting office is not being relocated. We have a 99 year lease on the site.
Kirkland developments can obtain as many planning permissions as they wish and the council will not stump up the 2 million pounds to relocate us as they cannot justify the expense to the electorate in these times of austerity.

Pity really its such a dreadful building.

red666bear

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 03:13:48 PM »
It's the arrow shaped plot in the middle of this shot. Could the Post Office sorting office be relocated there?

I shall repeat myself again. The sorting office is not being relocated. We have a 99 year lease on the site.
Kirkland developments can obtain as many planning permissions as they wish and the council will not stump up the 2 million pounds to relocate us as they cannot justify the expense to the electorate in these times of austerity.

amazon

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 01:41:51 PM »

Thanks my brains now Working .

wheels

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 11:43:42 AM »
Difficult access. Difficult highways issues.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 11:38:25 AM »
Sory  but where's duddys yard .

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

the rover

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 10:30:41 AM »
It is located just below the Post Office on the other side of Stockport Road, the entrance is next to the cake shop, opposite the second hand furniture shop.

the rover

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 10:14:07 AM »
Traffic would be at a standstill, it is bad enough now on Stockport Road. A good place for a supermarket would be on Hibbert Lane!

amazon

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 10:13:30 AM »
Is it for sale or are you just being mischievous?

Bluezorro

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 07:40:04 AM »
Merchant shuts in march.
Staff being made redundant.
Contracting side going to operate from another unit.

Howard

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 11:13:26 PM »
Is it for sale or are you just being mischievous?