A M Photo-Graphics

Author Topic: Stockport Council Meetings now Live on-line!  (Read 4415 times)

simonesaffron

Re: Stockport Council Meetings now Live on-line!
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 09:07:42 AM »
Thanks Wheels,

I'll respect your point of view but I am prepared to explain my hypothesis, all you have to do is ask . Alternatively and as you suggest I will keep this record for reference until after the May elections.

I am though interested in the location of these ...'Tory seats likely to return to the controlling group'.  Where exactly are they?

wheels

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 04:07:08 PM »
I think it says Wheels that the Labour opposition is concentrating on the forthcoming elections and not the debating chamber. There is little doubt in my mind that the current ruling party in Stockport is going to lose quite a few seats in the 14/15/16 elections and most of these are going to be lost to Labour.

It's even possible(although I don't think that it will happen until 2015) that the Council could be labour after this years elections.

I don't know why you would think that Simone in the good years for Labour  2011 and 2012  when they were sweeping the board across the country they failed to make any impact locally. Why will next year be different???? There are of course a number of Tory held seats likely to return to the controlling group so that also makes life more difficult for Labour.
But I will keep this message to refer to next May.

simonesaffron

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 04:28:45 PM »
That's assuming I am home.......Anyway her numbers published just give her a call. As it was the Council Meeting last night was over in record time the Leader was home for 7.30pm No overall control and record finish time says a lot about the ineptitude of the Labour opposition.

I think it says Wheels that the Labour opposition is concentrating on the forthcoming elections and not the debating chamber. There is little doubt in my mind that the current ruling party in Stockport is going to lose quite a few seats in the 14/15/16 elections and most of these are going to be lost to Labour.

It's even possible(although I don't think that it will happen until 2015) that the Council could be labour after this years elections.

wheels

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 11:48:54 AM »
Unlike the rest of us, wheels, you can just ask her when she gets home   ;)

That's assuming I am home.......Anyway her numbers published just give her a call. As it was the Council Meeting last night was over in record time the Leader was home for 7.30pm No overall control and record finish time says a lot about the ineptitude of the Labour opposition.

Dave

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 09:51:28 AM »
Let me know what the Leader says tonight I have other things to do... :)

Unlike the rest of us, wheels, you can just ask her when she gets home   ;)

amazon

wheels

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 04:10:18 PM »
Wheels, you amaze me although not for the first time.

What do you call 'a surprisingly large audience? '

Go on give us some figures.

NO

simonesaffron

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 03:32:24 PM »
Wheels, you amaze me although not for the first time.

What do you call 'a surprisingly large audience? '

Go on give us some figures.

wheels

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 03:14:23 PM »
Meetings have been live on webcam for several months now and have a surprisingly large audience.

Let me know what the Leader says tonight I have other things to do... :)

simonesaffron

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 03:12:08 PM »
The producers  Coronation Street and East Enders must be quaking in their boots.

hollins

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 01:09:09 PM »
Sadly, the Council Executive's meeting on 11 February (when they discuss the Chadwick Street development) isn't one of the meetings that they are going to broadcast.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Stockport Council Meetings now Live on-line!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 09:23:18 AM »
Did you know that you can now watch Stockport Council's Meetings live on-line or as Webcasts:

http://www.stockport.public-i.tv/core/share/open/page/0/891/0/0/0/none

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website