Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Co-op Fuel quality  (Read 3664 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Co-op Fuel quality
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 11:14:44 PM »
Surely the fuel at the filling station to which the Co-op is attached is Texaco fuel, not supermarket fuel?
When I first started driving (longer ago than I care to confess) I was warned off Texaco petrol. By all accounts it doesn't seem to have improved.

TINSLEY

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 05:12:04 PM »
The co-op don't  do fuel. Not very good at food.

Howard

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 08:41:37 PM »
Surely the fuel at the filling station to which the Co-op is attached is Texaco fuel, not supermarket fuel?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 06:58:53 PM »
We used to have a Ford Ka that was very sensitive to supermarket fuel. Fill up at just about any supermarket (Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys etc) and it would ping and miss. Fill up at BP or Shell and it would be instantly cured. Don't really know why this would be but a quick Internet search suggests it is all down to additives (that are not added to supermarket fuel). All I can say is our old Ka could definitely tell the difference.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Dave

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 06:38:54 PM »
Never buy fuel there if I can help it - it's always a few pence more expensive than other garages.  And if the quality is poor as well, that's another reason not to use it, I guess!    :(

simonesaffron

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 05:11:59 PM »

Thanks Howard -  appreciated.

simonesaffron

Co-op Fuel quality
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 03:53:08 PM »
I appreciate that this not the right posting topic but I failed to find how to post a new topic and I hope that admin will help me out. [helped out - Howard]

Has anybody been experiencing any issues regarding the fuel quality at the co-op filling station in Marple?