Brabyns Preparatory School -Scholarships

Author Topic: The post office .  (Read 3299 times)

Jay

Re: The post office .
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 04:35:20 PM »
They are returned to sender if there is a return address on the item or if not they are sent to Belfast to be opened to see if there is any clue as to who sent it and then returned to sender. Other wise if no return address is found then they are kept in storage for a while to see if anyone claims it... then if not then as Mike said it's auctioned off. Same thing the police do with stolen items that they've recovered.

sgk

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 04:23:09 PM »
I guess they have two choices:

1. return to sender, in which case they might just as well deliver it to the addressed recipient.
2. destroy the object, after checking whether it has any valuables in.

Actually, they take the a choice, they auction them off, contributing £1m per year to Royal Mail's coffers.  Nice dividends for shareholders!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-462497/Royal-Mail-flogs-75-000-lost-post-items.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14785851

mikes

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 09:55:10 AM »
I guess they have two choices:

1. return to sender, in which case they might just as well deliver it to the addressed recipient.
2. destroy the object, after checking whether it has any valuables in.

amazon

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 09:29:54 PM »
That's the recipient's problem, not the Post Office/Royal Mail's.

Still not answered the question what do they do with the cards and packages the are not collected .some could contain money and vouchers .post /office Royal Mail .anyone know .are they destroyed . I am not implying anything else just like to know ,

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 09:20:38 PM »
And if he doesn't go for the parcell what happens then to it .if it has voucher or money in it .
That's the recipient's problem, not the Post Office/Royal Mail's.

amazon

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 02:48:23 PM »
the person its addressed to, gets a card to state they have a packet/parcel waiting that doesn't have the correct postage. You (the recepient) has the choice to pay the difference to get the parcel.
And if he doesn't go for the parcell what happens then to it .if it has voucher or money in it .

ROTHERS

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 01:46:13 PM »
the person its addressed to, gets a card to state they have a packet/parcel waiting that doesn't have the correct postage. You (the recepient) has the choice to pay the difference to get the parcel.

amazon

The post office .
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 01:39:41 PM »
What happens to the cards and packets that the post don't deliver because of wrong postage do they keep .them .