A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: Coop marple  (Read 18663 times)

marveld

Re: Coop marple
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2013, 09:10:17 PM »
See new parking notices at the Coop. What isn't clear is whether the 2 hour parking restrictions are 24 hour which means it can't be used for cinema trips anymore. Does anyone know - the staff didn't yesterday.

I asked one of the Co-op Supervisors and she informed me that that car park wasn't checked after 6pm-7pm, so you would be OK if you were parking for the cinema. I will double check this with Peter (store manager) if I see him.

Belly

• Marple Cricket Club Website
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2013, 11:12:02 PM »
See new parking notices at the Coop. What isn't clear is whether the 2 hour parking restrictions are 24 hour which means it can't be used for cinema trips anymore. Does anyone know - the staff didn't yesterday.

As its almost certainly an automated system I suspect you probably do need to observe the two hour rule at all times. These systems often dispense tickets like confetti.
Words are trains for passing through what really has no name...

mikes

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2013, 11:00:05 PM »
There's a car park on Chadwick street opposite the cinema . But I think you have to pay on that one .

Not after 6:00pm you don't

amazon

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2013, 02:09:19 PM »
There's a car park on Chadwick street opposite the cinema . But I think you have to pay on that one .

corium

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2013, 12:33:55 PM »

amazon

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2013, 03:01:32 PM »
Day three of the new parking regime at the Co-op, and already it's much better - you can actually find a space now.  :)
Do we know if anyone booked yet . Have you seen the price of the gold plated fresh turkeys they are trying to sell .

Dave

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2013, 01:11:00 PM »
Day three of the new parking regime at the Co-op, and already it's much better - you can actually find a space now.  :)

amazon

« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2013, 09:32:59 PM »
Fair enough. The previous notices said that parking was free for Co-op customers - not for people wanting to wander round Marple and not shop in the Co-op. There is ample parking, both chargeable and free, elsewhere for them. I can't imaging that anyone would need to be in the Co-op for more than 2 hours.
Good point considering there not a lot on the shelves when you go in some days ......

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2013, 09:17:50 PM »
New signs going up at the Co-op today - two hours free parking, and after that it will cost - I think the signs said £60.   Very good news, and just in time before the last-minute Christmas food shopping gets under way.   :)
Fair enough. The previous notices said that parking was free for Co-op customers - not for people wanting to wander round Marple and not shop in the Co-op. There is ample parking, both chargeable and free, elsewhere for them. I can't imaging that anyone would need to be in the Co-op for more than 2 hours.

amazon

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2013, 07:19:16 PM »
I think it's a lot more than a deterrent.  The company running it, called something like Smart Parking, is a member of the British Parking Association and will therefore have access to the DVLA database.  So it looks like a number plate recognition set-up.

I gather the charge for overstaying your two hours isn't £60 - it's £90.   :o  And as for this.........I think Harry and 'people in Marple' have got an expensive surprise coming just in time for Christmas!   ;D

Thanks Dave .thats what I was told a few months ago .

Dave

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2013, 06:23:25 PM »
I think it's a lot more than a deterrent.  The company running it, called something like Smart Parking, is a member of the British Parking Association and will therefore have access to the DVLA database.  So it looks like a number plate recognition set-up.

I gather the charge for overstaying your two hours isn't £60 - it's £90.   :o  And as for this.....
I very much doubt that they'll enforce it. People in Marple tend to ignore parking restrictions anyway.
....I think Harry and 'people in Marple' have got an expensive surprise coming just in time for Christmas!   ;D

amazon

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2013, 02:45:56 PM »
I imagine that there will be a few Parking Charge Notices issued over then next few weeks. If you get one, here are the rules. Whether the ticket can be enforced by the issuer having access to the DVLA licence plate database depends on whether the issuer is a member of the British Parking Association.

But a lot of people won't know this . It's really just a deterrent to stop people parking all day there .when they can just go a few hundred yards past fire station and walk back . To the coop .it needs something doing they must be losing custom . Anybody know how the click collect service is doing if it's up and running yet .

Howard

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2013, 02:27:41 PM »
I imagine that there will be a few Parking Charge Notices issued over then next few weeks. If you get one, here are the rules. Whether the ticket can be enforced by the issuer having access to the DVLA licence plate database depends on whether the issuer is a member of the British Parking Association.

amazon

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2013, 01:28:18 PM »
I very much doubt that they'll enforce it. People in Marple tend to ignore parking restrictions anyway. And most do their food shopping in Hazel Grove or Bredbury.
They might if it's number recognition camera . I was told this was coming a few months ago .

Harry

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2013, 01:21:31 PM »
New signs going up at the Co-op today - two hours free parking, and after that it will cost - I think the signs said £60.   Very good news, and just in time before the last-minute Christmas food shopping gets under way.   :)

I very much doubt that they'll enforce it. People in Marple tend to ignore parking restrictions anyway. And most do their food shopping in Hazel Grove or Bredbury.