Lawler & Co - Marple's Local Independent Estate Agent for Sales and Lettings

Author Topic: Coop marple  (Read 18669 times)

amazon

Re: Coop marple
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2013, 02:37:04 PM »
If there was a 'small co op convenience store' in Marple Bridge, what products would you purchase from it - and roughly how often?
Don't know would possibly still use the post office .they won't be a coop Marple bridge no were to go ...

Bluezorro

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2013, 08:34:08 AM »
RSH

You are well off the mark.

Yes some people shop around for a weekly shop or delivery but does that affect the coop?

The co-op in marple is very much based upon conveniance.
If it was based on price, why does it always sell out of essentials such as warbutons bread milk and eggs.
These are all a pound at iceland but at least a third dearer at the coop.

gazwhite

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2013, 10:32:35 PM »
If there was a 'small co op convenience store' in Marple Bridge, what products would you purchase from it - and roughly how often?

amazon

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2013, 03:57:40 PM »
The unfortunate thing is, I'd confidently guess that the same week's worth of shopping would still be cheaper including a £4 Tesco/Sainsbury's delivery charge than it would be to collect for free from the Co-op. And there'd be a massively bigger variety of products (unless they're using a warehouse) and perhaps better likelihood of stock availability. And no contending with the dreaded Co-op car park!

As usual, the Co-op is a few years behind the crowd - convenience isn't always as important as price these days and more people are willing to shop around (and at a few different supermarkets) to get the best prices on promotions etc. The current tactics of getting 10% back on your receipt only goes to prove that you've been overcharged by about 10% to start with!

Marple would be much better off (both as a town and in our pockets) with a cheap Asda on the Co-op site, a quality Waitrose on Chadwick St and maybe a couple of small Co-op convenience stores on the peripheries in Rose Hill, Marple Bridge, for example.

Don't know about the warehouse bit there's two lads going round with sort of a trolley with black boxes on taking goods of the shelves and puting them in the boxes .so if they are doing it that way .theres going to be a lot of Un filled orders . A small coop marple bridge would be ok .dont know were it would go though ...

rsh

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2013, 12:48:55 PM »
Hi, just a post about the new service at the Co-op. The service is currently a trial, it is not open for public use just yet. The Co-operative Food is looking to shake off its dated image and is investing in its future. This trial is one of four in operation, apparently. When people say "it won't work, why not just go instore and buy it", Well the thing is convenience! Most working people lack time and convenience is king. Tesco have spent nearly £200 million on its online operation in recent years and that includes 'click and collect' so there must be something in it.

The unfortunate thing is, I'd confidently guess that the same week's worth of shopping would still be cheaper including a £4 Tesco/Sainsbury's delivery charge than it would be to collect for free from the Co-op. And there'd be a massively bigger variety of products (unless they're using a warehouse) and perhaps better likelihood of stock availability. And no contending with the dreaded Co-op car park!

As usual, the Co-op is a few years behind the crowd - convenience isn't always as important as price these days and more people are willing to shop around (and at a few different supermarkets) to get the best prices on promotions etc. The current tactics of getting 10% back on your receipt only goes to prove that you've been overcharged by about 10% to start with!

Marple would be much better off (both as a town and in our pockets) with a cheap Asda on the Co-op site, a quality Waitrose on Chadwick St and maybe a couple of small Co-op convenience stores on the peripheries in Rose Hill, Marple Bridge, for example.

artcatdog

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2013, 10:29:06 PM »
Sorry unless the products come from a warehouse rather than the Marple Co-op I would not trust them to have in stock what I ordered.

I can’t see us every using it, as Tesco is just so good and we never have problems getting a time slot that works for us.

However if the Co-op sends the good from a warehouse with a stock control system that worked, I could see someone using it that drove past the Co-op often, as it would let them get a bigger range then is stocked at Marple.

It is a shame that the Co-op has taken away disabled parking spaces to do it.

The Co-op haven't taken disabled spaces, the two spaces used were actually parent and child spaces. Which most people ignore anyway.

ringi

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2013, 10:10:15 PM »
Sorry unless the products come from a warehouse rather than the Marple Co-op I would not trust them to have in stock what I ordered.

I can’t see us every using it, as Tesco is just so good and we never have problems getting a time slot that works for us.

However if the Co-op sends the good from a warehouse with a stock control system that worked, I could see someone using it that drove past the Co-op often, as it would let them get a bigger range then is stocked at Marple.

It is a shame that the Co-op has taken away disabled parking spaces to do it.

artcatdog

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 09:45:01 PM »
Hi, just a post about the new service at the Co-op. The service is currently a trial, it is not open for public use just yet. The Co-operative Food is looking to shake off its dated image and is investing in its future. This trial is one of four in operation, apparently. When people say "it won't work, why not just go instore and buy it", Well the thing is convenience! Most working people lack time and convenience is king. Tesco have spent nearly £200 million on its online operation in recent years and that includes 'click and collect' so there must be something in it.

The supermarket is evolving! The high street is disappearing and so are big box supermarkets. The future of food is online and smaller conveniene stores are the future too.

People can be so negative about things, the poor old Co-op Food are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't. It's so easy to be bitter and negative when you don't understand or don't want to understand something.
Through these tough times the Co-op food are trying their best to make the best of a bad situation with regard to the banking mess.

If the food don't act now they will be left behind and as a loyal customer I am glad they are future proofing the business. A lot of people rely on The Co-op for a job. If the company don't react to the fast paced changing world we live in then staff will have more to moan about than losing out on a bit of over time.

When it is open to the public, why not give it ago, you never know you might actually like it!  

chicken lady

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, 06:54:27 PM »
Sorry Bowden Guy, I posted before I read yours!

chicken lady

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 06:38:42 PM »
I think the advantage is that you can collect at a time to suit yourself, rather than the 1 -2 hour timeslot offered by delivery, and also that you avoid delivery charges if you collect. Possibly not an issue for some.

wheels

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 04:36:05 PM »
And what happens to your delivery if you're not in?The key advantage of these services is that you can collect your goods when it is convenient for YOU, not the delivery company\courier.

Do you understand how this works Supermarkets only deliver in the narrow time slot you book.

amazon

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 04:00:59 PM »
And what happens to your delivery if you're not in?The key advantage of these services is that you can collect your goods when it is convenient for YOU, not the delivery company\courier.

Can't see it working at the coop to many gaps on shelves .
Anybody out there that's used this service yet . From the coop .

Bowden Guy

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 03:57:43 PM »

wheels

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 03:28:03 PM »
How about the 29.84m people who are out working every day?

Thyen they would have things deliver as most of us do. Sainsburys deliver up until 11pm.

You seem to miss the point thats its the picking up that I find strange.

amazon

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 01:13:39 PM »
How about the 29.84m people who are out working every day?

Do they all shop at the coop .in marple .