Marple Blasting Services | Blast Cleaning Stockport

Author Topic: Fire Ash available to a good home?!  (Read 2737 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Fire Ash available to a good home?!
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 11:01:56 PM »
And you try and correct me .
Certainly, any time you like. Which would you prefer - The whips or the stiletto heels?

amazon

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 04:28:17 PM »
Sorry, slip of the pen. Should have said "smokeless fuel"
And you try and correct me .

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 11:44:07 PM »
The Solid Fuel Association, Garden Organic (a national charity for organic growing) and GQT all say that solid fuel ash is NOT suitable for putting on the garden.
Sorry, slip of the pen. Should have said "smokeless fuel"

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 05:17:53 PM »
Hi all, Alex here from The Midland Marple Bridge. As it's winter again we've got our fire back a-blazing everyday (smokeless coal of course...) and every morning when it's cleaned out there's a huge bucketful of ash left over.

I remember from my parents that ash is really good fertiliser as it raises the PH of the soil. Or something. They used to rake it into the soil every winter and apparently it works wonders.

I was just wondering if any keen gardeners are interested in taking a whole lot of ash off our hands?! I know ash is fairly easy to come by....just burn stuff....but we have a whole load of it every day and we just throw it all away.

If anyone knows of anyone this would interest then please comment away or pop into the pub and ask for me.

Cheers

Alex
The Solid Fuel Association, Garden Organic (a national charity for organic growing) and GQT all say that solid fuel ash is NOT suitable for putting on the garden.

Crouchy

Fire Ash available to a good home?!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 10:51:52 AM »
Hi all, Alex here from The Midland Marple Bridge. As it's winter again we've got our fire back a-blazing everyday (smokeless coal of course...) and every morning when it's cleaned out there's a huge bucketful of ash left over.

I remember from my parents that ash is really good fertiliser as it raises the PH of the soil. Or something. They used to rake it into the soil every winter and apparently it works wonders.

I was just wondering if any keen gardeners are interested in taking a whole lot of ash off our hands?! I know ash is fairly easy to come by....just burn stuff....but we have a whole load of it every day and we just throw it all away.

If anyone knows of anyone this would interest then please comment away or pop into the pub and ask for me.

Cheers

Alex