Paul Whittaker Plumbing

Author Topic: Carers caring in Marple  (Read 4171 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Carers caring in Marple
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 02:50:25 PM »
Sorry for taking time to reply! No I'm not CQC registered. I am not a business or an organisation, I am just a mere carer. Experienced, qualified and CRB checked. As many references requested are available. I do try to promote the direct payments way of delivering and receiving care. I think carers should find work as locally as possible for efficiency. Can a sole carer become CQC registered? If so, I wouldn't mind finding out how!

Hi Sarah,

These links look like they may be helpful:

http://www.cqc.org.uk/organisations-we-regulate/registering-first-time/how-register/step-step-guide-applying-new-provider

http://www.cqc.org.uk/sites/default/files/media/documents/rp_poc1c_100620_20110701_v8_00_guidance_for_new_providers_for_publication_201107014019.pdf
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

sarah the carer

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 01:55:16 PM »
Sorry for taking time to reply! No I'm not CQC registered. I am not a business or an organisation, I am just a mere carer. Experienced, qualified and CRB checked. As many references requested are available. I do try to promote the direct payments way of delivering and receiving care. I think carers should find work as locally as possible for efficiency. Can a sole carer become CQC registered? If so, I wouldn't mind finding out how!

TINSLEY

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 08:06:49 AM »
Are you registered with CQC.

sarah the carer

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 08:08:51 AM »
Me and my colleagues/friends are carer's who have had some kind of experience with care agency work & have decided to take the "direct payments" path.  The responsibilities of the job which you carry are greater, as you don't have an agency's staff base to share it with,  such as the coordinator, supervisor and out of hours agents. I personally found I'd end up doing their workload aswell as squeezing in 15 bed calls a night, running round like a loony, for not a lot of money and little or no thanks.

I originally posted this as I had a lady in Marple who needed 4 calls a day/7 days a week. I couldn't take on the responsibility for the whole care package solely, unfortunately she has decided to stay with her agency, even though she is unhappy with them,  she fears that I/we wouldn't be able to cope,  leaving her to fend for herself.

Like I said previously, people are always contacting me asking if I have enough time for them & sometimes I have had to say no. I'm sure if I can create an efficient working team together we could accept all of these requests. Direct payments no: 0161 218 1953

JMC

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 07:28:01 PM »
I am part of a small team of carers in Marple, we are looking for another person to join us to help us carry our work load. People who are in receipt of care have contacted us for assistance but we don't have enough carer's to cover. Anyone out there looking for domiciliary care work in Marple? 

What sort of hours do they need, Sarah? Do you have to be flexible for evenings and weekend etc? Thanks.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 05:29:59 PM »
I am part of a small team of carers in Marple, we are looking for another person to join us to help us carry our work load. People who are in receipt of care have contacted us for assistance but we don't have enough carer's to cover. Anyone out there looking for domiciliary care work in Marple?  
Is it surprising when the pay is so low and the job is so undervalued that carers are allowed barely 15 minutes per client which is hardly enough time to fill in the record sheet and make the client a cup of tea let alone do any of the really essential tasks needed for the client's well being? And when the carer is held up in traffic so she only has time to open the door, say "Are you OK, Mrs X?" fill in the sheet and run.

(And this is not hearsay - my mother was a client of an agency whose staff did their best for her for two years before she had to go into residential care.)

sarah the carer

Carers caring in Marple
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 09:39:31 AM »