Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: Co-op  (Read 5228 times)

wheels

Re: Co-op
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 11:15:41 PM »
They're not the only ones.

I find it quite ironic that it's the small independent traders of Marple who are clogging up the free car parks, preventing people from visiting the small independent shops of Marple.

Be careful you will get shouted at for being anything out than sycophantic about out wonderful local traders

Harry

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 10:01:20 PM »
Archers bakery 4x4 and the ladies red mini from ruby blue are parking all day in the co op.

They're not the only ones.

I find it quite ironic that it's the small independent traders of Marple who are clogging up the free car parks, preventing people from visiting the small independent shops of Marple.

red666bear

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 09:16:38 PM »
Tried to shop at the Co-op today, but gave up after driving several times round the car park in vain.  Now we're used to this on Fridays and Saturdays, but not on a Monday!  And as Christmas gets nearer it can only get worse.

The car parking payment machines have been out of use for well over a year now, so increasing numbers of selfish and anti-social people are leaving their cars there all day, so that shoppers have to go elsewhere.  Is it any surprise that the Co-op is going bust?   ::)
Archers bakery 4x4 and the ladies red mini from ruby blue are parking all day in the co op.

amazon

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 06:59:08 PM »
I looked up U3A and its website informs us that 'The University of the Third Age (U3A) movement is an unique and exciting organisation which provides, through its U3As, life-enhancing and life-changing opportunities. Retired and semi-retired people come together and learn together, not for qualifications but for its own reward: the sheer joy of discovery!'

So maybe someone could give them the sheer joy of discovering that they are not welcome in the Co-op car park, and suggest they might take the life-enhancing opportunity of parking somewhere else.   ;D

;D ;D ;D .Brilliant reply Dave ..perhaps they could sort out a new supermarket in Marple . Myself and my wife have been to the small new shopping precinct in Glossop this afternoon were the lux lux factory used to be .there is a very small cotton traders . Wife found a sort off anorak coat but not in her size asked the assistant if she could order a larger size no prob she said . My wife said she would pay her for it .cash .not card she doesn't have one .Sorry but we don't acept cash only cards .i could not believe this .we walked out . Is this normall now .,,

Dave

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 06:46:47 PM »
I looked up U3A and its website informs us that 'The University of the Third Age (U3A) movement is an unique and exciting organisation which provides, through its U3As, life-enhancing and life-changing opportunities. Retired and semi-retired people come together and learn together, not for qualifications but for its own reward: the sheer joy of discovery!'

So maybe someone could give them the sheer joy of discovering that they are not welcome in the Co-op car park, and suggest they might take the life-enhancing opportunity of parking somewhere else.   ;D

Barbara

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 05:40:19 PM »
Might as well talk to the wall I am afraid!

Dave

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 05:23:29 PM »
Thanks Barbara, that's a useful bit of inside knowledge.  Assuming you are involved with the U3A in some way, perhaps you could politely request that they don't clog up the Co-op car park?  Thanks. 

Barbara

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 04:55:22 PM »
There was a meeting of the U3A in the Senior Citizens Hall this morning which was very well attended. This did not finish until noon. As you say, since the machines in the car park are no longer functional people do park for much longer than the 2 hours which was permitted.  By 12.30 when I walked across the car park again, there were gaps everywhere. 

Just by the way I don't think the entire Co-op is going bust whatever the scaremongers in the press say.

Dave

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 02:17:18 PM »
Tried to shop at the Co-op today, but gave up after driving several times round the car park in vain.  Now we're used to this on Fridays and Saturdays, but not on a Monday!  And as Christmas gets nearer it can only get worse.

The car parking payment machines have been out of use for well over a year now, so increasing numbers of selfish and anti-social people are leaving their cars there all day, so that shoppers have to go elsewhere.  Is it any surprise that the Co-op is going bust?   ::)

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 02:23:24 PM »
One thing I have noticed, during the past few months, is that the labelled price of items at the Texaco Co-op does not always tally with the till price. This has happened on 5 separate occasions and the disparity is always, of course, in favour of the retailer, sometimes by as much as 50p. I have complained to the Head Office but have received no reply two weeks later.
The displayed price is "an invitation to treat".  The shopkeeper can refuse to sell the goods to you but he can't insist that you pay more than the displayed price. Don't bother writing to the company. Ask for the manager and point out the problem.

ringi

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 07:19:43 PM »
One thing I have noticed, during the past few months, is that the labelled price of items at the Texaco Co-op does not always tally with the till price. This has happened on 5 separate occasions and the disparity is always, of course, in favour of the retailer, sometimes by as much as 50p. I have complained to the Head Office but have received no reply two weeks later.

Give trading standards a ring, this is the sort of issue they deal with everyday.

Bowden Guy

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 11:39:57 AM »

amazon

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 07:58:56 PM »
I'm a great supporter of the Co-operative movement although I know some of you don't agree with me. I think their fair trade policies and support for British farming put them well above other similar businesses.

However, I do think they need to get their act together in Marple. I went in tonight to pick up oatmeal and black treacle to make parkin and treacle toffee.

They don't sell oatmeal and they had run out of treacle (an order cock-up, according to a management type) - D-u-r-r? It's bonfire night in a fortnight. What are they playing at?

Oh, well, it's Morrrison's in Hyde for me tomorrow.

That's normall for the coop ,

My login is Henrietta

Co-op
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 10:11:05 PM »
I'm a great supporter of the Co-operative movement although I know some of you don't agree with me. I think their fair trade policies and support for British farming put them well above other similar businesses.

However, I do think they need to get their act together in Marple. I went in tonight to pick up oatmeal and black treacle to make parkin and treacle toffee.

They don't sell oatmeal and they had run out of treacle (an order cock-up, according to a management type) - D-u-r-r? It's bonfire night in a fortnight. What are they playing at?

Oh, well, it's Morrrison's in Hyde for me tomorrow.