Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: Original Glengarth premises  (Read 4104 times)

Duke Fame

Re: Original Glengarth premises
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 10:13:27 PM »
not a problem?
sunday evening unsecured glass windows stacked up outside the building they are renovating for a family home, old wood fittings with large nails protruding!
not a safe environment for anyone dropping their kids off monday morning.

Perhaps you should get your kids to walk instead and teach them the dangers of nails on wood fittings so that they can be prepared for the issues of real life. Therefore, the real dangers of wood fittings and nails will be a life experience instead of an over-exaggerated issue on an internet forum.

hollins

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 08:50:09 PM »
not a problem?
sunday evening unsecured glass windows stacked up outside the building they are renovating for a family home, old wood fittings with large nails protruding!
Your original point was about traffic; I repeat - it isn't a problem. I walk past the building several times a day and I have to say that I don't feel unsafe! At the times that I drive, it doesn't present any new problems. I suspect that its youthful clientele are unlikely to be walking there themselves without a responsible adult to hold their hand. It's a lot safer than crossing Station Road in the rush hour.

I don't think that it is any worse than any other building renovation. I'm pleased that the newer part of the building is being used for (a much-needed) purpose, and glad that the older part is to be looked after.

I don't know the owners, but they have leafleted the whole of Hollins Green Road explaining what they are aiming to do; it seems entirely reasonable. Their business seems far more useful to the community of Marple than some of the niche-market shops that have opened (and closed) in the centre recently.

red666bear

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 07:28:58 PM »
It isn't a problem. The nursery seems to be well run.
not a problem?

hollins

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 11:17:46 AM »
do you live on hollins green road? what are your thoughts on the extra traffic this facility has brought.
It isn't a problem. The nursery seems to be well run.

Middle wood

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 10:15:07 AM »
Having lived in the area a while, there has been a noticeable increase in cars parked on Norbury Drive and Manor Hill road over the last year or so.  Access into and out of Manor Hill from Station Road can often be hindered by cars parked here. I don't think that this is all attributable to Glengarth though.

Belly

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 09:19:37 AM »
do you live on hollins green road? what are your thoughts on the extra traffic this facility has brought.

I'd hope they realised that as they lived next to a deralict development site, it was innevitable that the site would eventually be brough back into use, with resultant more traffic.

red666bear

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 09:57:16 PM »
I'm glad to see the nursery up and running in the former evening institute premises, but what is happening to the old house?  It looks more and more derelict and there is no sign of any development.

simpleton

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 12:48:29 PM »
The people that have got the nursery are going to use it as there home . Just waiting for there own home to be sold

Barbara

Original Glengarth premises
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 08:36:37 PM »
I'm glad to see the nursery up and running in the former evening institute premises, but what is happening to the old house?  It looks more and more derelict and there is no sign of any development.