Paul Whittaker Plumbing

Author Topic: Saturday Job  (Read 4771 times)

elpram

Re: Saturday Job
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 10:45:17 AM »
I was thinking more from my tummy's point of view Dave  ;D

Dave

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 10:42:01 AM »
I think you'll find that the steak house is licensed premises too. 

elpram

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 10:23:48 AM »
Thanks for all the suggestions. Sadly my daughter is after cold, hard cash rather than public service  ::)  I wouldn't want her working in licensed premises either even if it were allowed!

She is intending to do a shop crawl to drop in her details but I will believe it when i see it  ;)

Interesting news about the steak house though...

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 11:16:25 PM »
I saw an advert in the window of the Post Office in Marple Bridge this morning for staff at the Oddfellows in Mellor/Moor End
Not old enough to work on licenced premises IIRC from my teaching days.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 09:48:24 PM »
My daughter, having reached the grand old age of 14 (and a half!) is starting to think she is all grown up. I think it's about time she got a little job and started to accumulate some useful life skills  ;)

Does anyone know of anywhere that might be able to offer a few hours work on a Saturday or Sunday or possibly a couple of hours after school, no more than 2 evenings a week?

If so, please message me direct with details.

Thanks!
The charity shop near the Co-op (can't remember it's name - something to do with care for the elderly) have an advert on their door asking for volunteers to work in the shop. No money involved but good for learning to deal with people and other life skills and volunteering looks good on CVs.

jarvo8

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 02:05:58 PM »
HI

What used to be the Spring Gardens in Marple Bridge is now becoming a Steak house they are advertising for staff as of this week if yiou are still looking

gazwhite

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 01:06:24 PM »
I saw an advert in the window of the Post Office in Marple Bridge this morning for staff at the Oddfellows in Mellor/Moor End

the rover

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 07:34:58 AM »
My 15 year old daughter who has been working now for 18 monthes in an Hairdressers got herself a job by going to every shop in Marple and asking them if they had any vacancies. She wants to change Hairdressers so she has prepared herself a short CV and has left it with each of the Hairdressers in Marple but no replies as of yet.

Before your daughter starts work I would look at the working 'rules (law)' on the SMBC website regarding children working.

tigerman

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 04:35:46 PM »
Marple Bridge Post Office is advertising for newspaper delivery boys and girls

elpram

Saturday Job
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 01:39:23 PM »
My daughter, having reached the grand old age of 14 (and a half!) is starting to think she is all grown up. I think it's about time she got a little job and started to accumulate some useful life skills  ;)

Does anyone know of anywhere that might be able to offer a few hours work on a Saturday or Sunday or possibly a couple of hours after school, no more than 2 evenings a week?

If so, please message me direct with details.

Thanks!