Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: Dogs not on leads again  (Read 2881 times)

Adrian Taylor

Dogs not on leads again
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2004, 12:37:47 PM »
Spoke to the Dog warden service this very morn.
The response was sympathetic, "It's difficult, fully understand, owners of dogs should control them, just a game for the dogs,we need to see the event happening".

Almost as if we need to send a jogger in the park and see what happens, probably more than once, and witness the doggy reaction !!!!

Whatever happened to the teachings of Barbara Woodhouse and that well versed command of "S-I-T" ?

BUT if a dog does bite anyone as part of "this game" its a police matter !!!

This response is not anti dog, just a request to dog owners to learn the art of keeping a dog, not forgetting a bit of civility towards ones neighbour who also has every right to enjoy their pursuit as well without the abuse, oh and by the way dog owners, keep picking up the "pooh" and not leave it where it lands !!

Adrian Taylor

Adrian Taylor

Dogs not on leads again
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 09:04:32 AM »
Sympathy to jogger.
If the comments are true, and I'm sure they are, the action and abuse by the dog owners is quite disgraceful.
Have you tried having a word with the dog warden service?
In any event we will.
If "Jogger" would like to send me a personal email and provide details of "the place" I would be grateful, email as follows.

adrian@peacefield.fsnet.co.uk

Adrian Taylor
Community Council

jogger

Dogs not on leads again
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 07:10:16 PM »
Sorry to go over old ground about dogs not on leads.  Over the last 12 mths I've followed other contributors comments and have stopped and waited as owners and their dogs passed by.  On the whole this has worked perfectly.

However during the last weekend I've suffered two further incidents of abuse from owners of dogs, despite having stopped and walked.

The first involved a pack of dogs in Brabyns - I stopped and walked and was set upon by two of the pack.  One owner commented "that'll teach you to walk thru' a pack of dogs".

The second incident was today, when I stopped for the lady owner to control her two red setters and pass by.  Whereupon she released the dogs, who then chased me approx. 50 yards.  When I told her that I felt she should have her dogs under control she told me to "F*** off  I'm a ratepayer".

Whilst I appreciate that dogs should have some space and freedom to exercise - I don't beleive this should be at the expense of others who also have a legitimate right to enjoy a public space.

All I'm asking is for owners to be responsible and have a thought for others.  Whilst I'm an adult and can defend myself against an out of control dog - I fear for toddlers and children who might not be so able.