Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: Cash back at the co op!  (Read 8527 times)

the rover

Re: Cash back at the co op!
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 06:21:26 PM »
If you leave money in the jaws of the machine and nobody takes it, it 'retracts' and sits in a separate part of the machine. If you approach your bank they will put the balance back in your account.

This is true as I left £10 in a machine and contacted the bank who put it back into my account.

gazwhite

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 07:21:42 PM »
If you leave money in the jaws of the machine and nobody takes it, it 'retracts' and sits in a separate part of the machine. If you approach your bank they will put the balance back in your account.

simonesaffron

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 08:57:08 AM »
I wouldn't reproach yourself too much with your "stupidity" Miss C. I think everybody in the world has done something like that at some stage in their lives. So all that really qualifies you as is human.

For my part I've actually left money in cash Machine jaws TWICE. It's easy to do when you are momentarily distracted.

Once I LEFT £50.00 And the other time it was £200.00. I actually got the £200.00 back as somebody was honest enough to take it back into the bank and hand it in but I lost THE £50.00 forever. The irony of it is the incident involving the £50.00 was in Marple and the bank involved in the £200.00 was right in the centre of Manchester.

Miss C

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 07:02:10 PM »
Thanks Pink Panther, there was a bloke manning the scanning tills. I went back and someone looked in the book and in the safe and there was nothing there. The dishonesty is a bit disappointing but my stupidity is equally disappointing I guess!

Rachael

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 12:24:16 PM »
I forgot my cash back at the co op once , was there someone manning the self scan tills ?, as when you leave your money in, it makes an alarm , luckily the person manning it, had heard it  , and when I rang the store, they said they had it . I would ask to see the CCTV, end of the day, its theft .  I was told by the person manning self scan, that if I had not come back to store to claim it, after so many weeks, the money is theirs .  :o

Miss C

Cash back at the co op!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 09:58:15 PM »
To the person who benefitted from my stupidity when I got £50 cash back at the self service till at the co op yesterday but didnt take it- thanks for not bothering to hand it in but I hope you spent it wisely and didn't just squander it on fags and beer! :D