Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: Would a Traditional 'Olde' Sweet Shop be welcome'd in Marple?  (Read 5167 times)

JMC

Re: Would a Traditional 'Olde' Sweet Shop be welcome'd in Marple?
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2013, 12:11:55 PM »
I hope it doesn't affect the others too badly.

marveld

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 04:56:30 PM »
We are considering opening a Traditional sweet shop on Market Street in Marple. Selling 'good old favourite' sweets by weight, we would also be offering gifts, hampers, party bags and candy buffets. We are aware that there is an American sweet shop already on Market Street and wondered if another sweet shop is a bit of an 'overkill' or will it be accepted, as we would be offering a different type of sweet?

Thank you for reading and we would welcome your feedback/comments.
Rachael

Preparations are under way to open a new sweet shop in Market Street with the shop sign having been completed. Is this your shop Rachael? My non-scientific advice earlier this year was to avoid such a venture. Anyway, good luck to the owners, but I do feel there are already enough local outlets selling sweets and gifts.

rachael8039

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 11:07:01 PM »
We are considering opening a Traditional sweet shop on Market Street in Marple. Selling 'good old favourite' sweets by weight, we would also be offering gifts, hampers, party bags and candy buffets. We are aware that there is an American sweet shop already on Market Street and wondered if another sweet shop is a bit of an 'overkill' or will it be accepted, as we would be offering a different type of sweet?

Rachael

Many thanks for your responses, they have been very useful and honest so thank you!

marveld

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 10:50:04 PM »
Thank you for reading and we would welcome your feedback/comments. Rachael

No scientific market research used to form my opinion, just a gut feeling … save your money for another business venture Rachael. I share the views JMC expressed in his/her post. All the best for whatever you elect to pursue.

JMC

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 01:28:16 PM »

Rachael

It's a nice idea but we already have the American sweet shop and Grannies sweet shop. I would worry about them suffering decreased trade as it is hard enough for any shop opening in Marple. We have seen many open and close over the years and many were sadly predictable. I am not sure there is demand for any more to be honest because many people can also get cheaper sweets at Martins, Iceland, Cadburys etc. I think even in Stockport there is only one sweet shop that I can think of and that is a much larger town. Personally I do like these type of sweet shops but use them occasionally rather than very often. Good luck with your decision.

wheels

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 11:24:29 AM »
No it will only create the need for another dentist. Stay away.

Bluezorro

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 11:51:38 PM »
Duke, anything can be welcomed.

What happens after it has been welcomed is the question.

The american sweet shop sells good old yankee brands like bassetts!!!!

Bluezorro

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 11:46:05 PM »
Hello earth to rachel.

Which planet are you living on??

Duke Fame

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 10:22:08 PM »

Rachael

I think it would be welcomed but there is already an olde Sweete shop further down the road.

Are you the same Rachael that owns the sweet shop in Stockport? If so, you will be well aware of the margins so footfall is the key

rachael8039

Would a Traditional 'Olde' Sweet Shop be welcome'd in Marple?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 09:45:00 PM »

Rachael