Drama Classes for Children and Young People in Marple

Author Topic: Moving to Marple...Advice please  (Read 6146 times)

Stockport Classic Bus

Re: Moving to Marple...Advice please
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2013, 06:52:45 PM »
Hi, we have 2 of our 3 children at St Mary's aged 7 and 10 and our third will start this September, and we live in Marple, so feel free to get in touch if you want any friendly advice! Cheers!

bubbs100

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 11:12:33 AM »
Thanks for all your replies....really useful  :)

It will be St Mary's as it is the Catholic school but it is more likely that we will be living (renting) in Marple initially rather than Marple Bridge simply because there is not much available near the school so will have to use the car fro drop offs. The Bus service is great to know for when the kids are a bit older

elpram

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 10:48:47 PM »
St Mary's does have a great bus service that covers Ley Hey, Rose Hill, Marple Hall estate, Cross Lane, Church Lane, Hawk Green, Hibbert Lane and Marple Co-op and can be met off the bus or is great for when they are bit older and could walk home from the bus stop as my daughter did.

Deniseam

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 11:45:37 AM »
If your children are going to St Marys then it would be nice if you lived within walking distance of that school.  The traffic problems are horrendous around there in the morning and afternoon and causes problems for St Marys and Ludworth children and parents walking to school.  If you do have to live further away and have to use a car to drop off please don't become one of the inconsiderate parents who park on the pavement and corners of the roads obstructing the road. 

Iona

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 02:52:39 PM »
I moved to Marple 35 years ago and found it to be a marvellous place for families - with a swimming pool, cinema and so much more on the doorstep it has few rivals in this area. Friendly people too! Good luck with the move.

tigerman

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 02:26:25 PM »
Hi
Both our sons went to Ludworth School on Lower Fold.  It has just been subject to an Ofsted report and has been awarded Outstanding once again. Quite an achievenent as schools now have to achieve Outstanding in all areas to reach the grade. You can read the report on its website.
The best houses in Marple are considered to be in the Ley Hey area.  We live off Constable Drive in Marple Bridge. We have great long range views on the hill but it can be a problem in icy weather.
Hope you like Marple. Its a great place for famlies!

Pink Panther

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 08:46:46 AM »
Make sure you can get your child into the school of your choice, Marple is struggling to offer pre school places unless you go for private day care , we have a new estate around the corner from us, apparently   family houses are not selling because the schools of choice are full for people wanting to move into the area
I'm not up to no good, it only looks as though I am!     8)

Dave

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 08:14:15 AM »
I don't think there are any 'areas to avoid'. Re trains, the service from Marple is better than the service from Rose Hill, and Marple station has much more parking.

the rover

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 08:03:01 AM »
thanks for the replies...have been around Marple a few times now and it looks so nice. Looking forward to making the move at the end of May.

The ex and existing LA housing you mention, could you pinpoint where this is. We wouldn't rule anything out its just a few people ave said this but not actually said where it is.

I would also like to know what & where this 'ex and existing LA housing' is please!

wheels

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 07:03:41 PM »
Stockport of which Marple is a suburb is also the best managed off all 10 Greater Manchester Authorities so you get a double positive hit.

bubbs100

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 04:52:06 PM »
thanks for the replies...have been around Marple a few times now and it looks so nice. Looking forward to making the move at the end of May.

The ex and existing LA housing you mention, could you pinpoint where this is. We wouldn't rule anything out its just a few people ave said this but not actually said where it is.

gazwhite

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 04:21:01 PM »
Lovely area - you'll love it.

Also check out http://www.marplebridgeassociation.org.uk/ - the website for the Marple Bridge Association - community group in the village.

No bad areas that I know of. 

Belly

• Marple Cricket Club Website
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 02:49:07 PM »
Hi All,

My wife and I are moving to Marple as i have a new job in Manchester. it's a big move for us as we have 2 children, 2 and 5, so have to sort schools out. We are planning on going to St Mary's Catholic school but i have a few questions i am hoping that someone could help with.

Are there any areas to avoid in Marple/Marple Bridge? We are looking to rent initially and then buy

How's the commute into Manchester? I understand it's 25 mins on train?

Hope someone can help

Chris

The commute to Manchester is fine by train - just don't even think about doing it by car unless you want to set off before 7 o'clock in the morning.

No obvious no go areas - the ex / existing LA areas are obvious, but don't seem to be dens of iniquity. Everywhere in Marple is pretty good if you ask me.
Words are trains for passing through what really has no name...

bubbs100

Moving to Marple...Advice please
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 02:26:07 PM »
Hi All,

My wife and I are moving to Marple as i have a new job in Manchester. it's a big move for us as we have 2 children, 2 and 5, so have to sort schools out. We are planning on going to St Mary's Catholic school but i have a few questions i am hoping that someone could help with.

Are there any areas to avoid in Marple/Marple Bridge? We are looking to rent initially and then buy

How's the commute into Manchester? I understand it's 25 mins on train?

Hope someone can help

Chris