Lawler & Co - Marple's Local Independent Estate Agent for Sales and Lettings

Author Topic: What is that noise at 7am?  (Read 7497 times)

barndoor

Re: What is that noise at 7am?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2013, 06:45:06 PM »
Falcon - more information about 'The Hum' for your perusal.

People's awareness is growing.

falcon

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 04:08:24 PM »
 Now they have won the battle with Asda,perhaps MIA should consentrate on clearing the noises in the air from all the aircon fans and electric motors turning up outside large houses and building around the Marple area. It use to be a lovely place to live, but it is like living with an industrial plant  on our doorstep The rules are quiet from llpm until 7am. 

barndoor

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 07:53:15 PM »
Falcon, have you seen this?

Does anyone else hear the train running through Marple at about 3 AM every morning,it seems to go on for ever,

(Click on the 'Quote from' link for the full thread)

amazon

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 08:03:21 PM »
could be MIA transmitting a no to asda vibe to all in Marple! ( that is a joke OK! before you all get on your high horses )

Poor joke .

tina

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 02:14:12 PM »
could be MIA transmitting a no to asda vibe to all in Marple! ( that is a joke OK! before you all get on your high horses )

falcon

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 06:59:10 PM »
There is something in the air in Hibbert lane area of Marple, Been to my sons on Edwards Way, his house is as noisy as mine, this has been going on for a week now, all day and all night

falcon

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 10:19:47 PM »
its a shame you can't pinpoint it, as the council would be  pleased to  know where it is coming from, had a walk along canal about 10.45pm monday,  thought I could hear it, but there was so much noise in the area, don't know where it is all coming from, surely people don't have central heating on at that time of night.

barndoor

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 10:22:08 AM »
do  the people wash clothes every night, which side of Goyt Ave do you think it is coming from,

I don't think it's every night, but Sunday night/Monday morning is a key time for their laundry activities. Why someone has to start washing their clothes at that ungodly hour is beyond me. I'm pretty sure it's from a house on the canal side of Goyt Avenue.

I live near Goyt mill, and every morning about 4am a machine starts running, like an instrustrial motor, this carries on all day, then about 10.30pm a washing machine noise starts carrying on until the early hours

An interesting link to what has become known as 'The Hum' can be found here. As is always the case with online newspapers, it's the comments below the main article which are well worth reading, and 'deegee' provides a plausible-sounding explanation; but I'll let you find that one. There are a lot of...um, interesting theories to wade through first!

bat man

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 03:58:39 PM »
There has been some work going on at Offerton quarry,don't know if they start so early though.

falcon

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 01:31:39 PM »
 do  the people wash clothes every night, which side of Goyt Ave do you think it is coming from,

barndoor

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 03:33:19 PM »
Falcon - you say you live near Goyt Mill. Someone halfway along Goyt Avenue starts using their washing machine from about 10.30pm and when that's finished, then the tumble drier. I wonder if this could be the 'washing machine noise until early hours' noise you describe. I can't provide an explanation for the 4am noise though; I suspect that could be from a different source.

Elltin0

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 07:52:38 AM »
Apologies for the silence, not been online over Easter and this week.

In response to the first reply, here's a bit more info:
  • yes, it's at 7am exactly. Like clockwork
  • it seems to be every weekday, and stopped over Easter, only starting again today (Thursday)

Second poster - sorry to hear about your noise issues  :(

falcon

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 02:55:32 PM »
I live near Goyt mill, and every morning about 4am a machine starts running, like an instrustrial motor, this carries on all day, then about 10.30pm a washing machine noise starts carrying on until the early hours, Stockport environment will  not do anything about finding it, they have told us they can't hear it, but it is causing us a lot of distress, even our dogs are distressed. I hope you have better luck  tracking it down than we have

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 08:33:08 AM »
Tell us more......

Is it every day without fail?

Is it exactly 7am or just approximately?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Elltin0

What is that noise at 7am?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 08:17:03 AM »
We live just off Station Road, and every morning there's a noise like an air raid siren at 7am. Does anyone know what it is? We're not bothered by it, just curious...