Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Sorting office  (Read 23682 times)

red666bear

Re: Sorting office
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 10:11:45 PM »
Indeed.  However, the fact that no consultation has started yet does at least suggest that no significant progress has yet been made in finding an occupant for the site. 
It would cost stockportmbc 2 million pounds to relocate the sorting office due to royal mail having a 99 year lease at cornfields. The council are not prepared to pay this amount as they know they cannot justify it to the tax payers of stockport during these times of austerity.

amazon

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 08:11:18 PM »
Yes thank goodness its changing why would anyone visit a shop when you can buy on line.

On line is the future embrace it.

Your right easy online . (Wait for the flack now) .

wheels

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 05:54:02 PM »
Yes thank goodness its changing why would anyone visit a shop when you can buy on line.

On line is the future embrace it.

amazon

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 05:18:15 PM »
Is the collection point for CO-OP goods or the aniline retailer AMAZON?

I note that the Coop is already (or, at least, was) a nominated collection point for Amazon deliveries ... which is faintly ironic: a local retailer providing a service for an aniline one; indeed, a service that the Royal Mail sorting office ought to be able to provide anyway.

I guess we will find out in November. The Coop's prices are truly atrocious at the moment.

You can now take returned goods from amazon to four buoys , and I think the antique rose . A lot of it doesn't go back to the post offices . Yodel now do a lot of post not as though I would re comend them . I read some were about this service starting up in one of the papers .there are collection boxes outside Franky's and Benny's stockport  now , ..it's changing weather we like it or not .

hollins

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 04:22:57 PM »
Is the collection point for CO-OP goods or the on-line retailer AMAZON?

I note that the Co-op is already (or, at least, was) a nominated collection point for Amazon deliveries ... which is faintly ironic: a local retailer providing a service for an on-line one; indeed, a service that the Royal Mail sorting office ought to be able to provide anyway.

I guess we will find out in November. The Co-op's prices are truly atrocious at the moment.

wheels

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 03:51:07 PM »
Yes why would anyone use such a service when Sainsburys deliver to the door.

Barbara

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 02:13:00 PM »
I was told by one of the staff that you will be able to order over the internet and call in and collect your order from the new collection point.  This is always supposing that the things you want are in stock, of course!  I will believe it works properly when I see it.   ;)

amazon

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 12:19:39 PM »
Indeed.  However, the fact that no consultation has started yet does at least suggest that no significant progress has yet been made in finding an occupant for the site.  

The work that's going on at the coop is going to be a collection point steel work now up outside .and work going on inside must be worth it to the coop .

Collection point for what . It's like dark ages in coop if you ask anyone . We're not allowed to tell anyone they say ...get a life . No wonder people shop else were .

Dave

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 09:27:34 AM »
if it ever does happen, the Postal workers will be amongst the last to be told

Indeed.  However, the fact that no consultation has started yet does at least suggest that no significant progress has yet been made in finding an occupant for the site. 

marpleexile

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 08:26:54 AM »
Told you all we were going nowhere.
Don't listen to the rumour mill and ask those in the know, yes your postal workers.

To be fair though, if it ever does happen, the Postal workers will be amongst the last to be told - it's not as if they are involved in the decision making process. The first they'll find out is when they are being "consulted" on which alternative base of work they want to be transferred to.

red666bear

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 10:10:54 PM »
Do you all like our newly painted yard for the vans?
We are going nowhere.
Told you all we were going nowhere.
Don't listen to the rumour mill and ask those in the know, yes your postal workers.

Tricky

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 08:04:58 PM »
We are going nowhere.

I hope not
meh

simonesaffron

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 07:36:38 PM »
We are going nowhere.

When it comes to multi - million pound schemes Red, a lick of paint is neither here nor there.

red666bear

Sorting office
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 07:08:52 PM »
We are going nowhere.