All your Marple and Stockport property and financial needs under one roof

Author Topic: Help Mellor Archaeological Trust secure painting of Mellor Mill  (Read 3862 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Help Mellor Archaeological Trust secure painting of Mellor Mill
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 07:11:48 AM »
Mellor Archaeological Trust has published an update about the original painting of Mellor Mill by Joseph Parry, which has now been purchased by the Trust with a Co-Op grant and public donations. The painting will now be restored before being put on display in Marple Library. This is a great outcome and The Marple Website is delighted to have played an instrumental role in bringing buyer and seller together back in December 2012.

To read more about the painting including a detailed report on the restoration visit the MAT site:

http://www.matrust.org.uk/mellor-mill-1792-1892/parry-painting-of-mill.html

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 10:03:23 AM »
Do we know how donations are going towards this .

I passed your question onto Mellor Archaeological Trust and they have replied to say "We have had some generous donations, but still have a long way to go."
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 12:22:00 PM »
The email error is totally my fault - did it from memory instead of checking, which is never a good idea. I'll rectify it this evening when I get home from work but in the meantime please use chair@matrust.org.uk to get in touch with the Trust.

Cheques should be made payable to Mellor Archaeological Trust. I will suggest that this needs to be made clearer on their form and I will add a note to the page this evening too.

Thank you for pointing out the problem.
Thanks, Mark and Marveld
Do we know how donations are going towards this .

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 01:25:10 PM »
The email error is totally my fault - did it from memory instead of checking, which is never a good idea. I'll rectify it this evening when I get home from work but in the meantime please use chair@matrust.org.uk to get in touch with the Trust.

Cheques should be made payable to Mellor Archaeological Trust. I will suggest that this needs to be made clearer on their form and I will add a note to the page this evening too.

Thanks, Mark and Marveld

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 06:47:10 AM »

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

marveld

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 11:44:54 PM »
Having problems with this. I intended making a donation by cheque but it wasn't clear from the site how to make it payable. I emailed the Chairman on the email address given but I got a failure message (and yes, I've checked that I typed it in correctly!). Has anyone else had problems

This page http://www.mellorarchaeology.org.uk/contacts.html shows a slightly different email address for 'The Chairman'.  Over to Mark to clarify .....

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 11:37:34 PM »
Mellor Archaeological Trust are seeking donations to help them to secure a fantastic original oil painting of Mellor Mill for display in Marple Library. The Marple Website first brought you images of this painting on the Virtual Tour in 2006 and has played an instrumental role in getting the seller and MAT together.

See the main site for more details: www.marple-uk.com/mellor-mill
Having problems with this. I intended making a donation by cheque but it wasn't clear from the site how to make it payable. I emailed the Chairman on the email address given but I got a failure message (and yes, I've checked that I typed it in correctly!). Has anyone else had problems

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Help Mellor Archaeological Trust secure painting of Mellor Mill
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 01:52:13 PM »
Mellor Archaeological Trust are seeking donations to help them to secure a fantastic original oil painting of Mellor Mill for display in Marple Library. The Marple Website first brought you images of this painting on the Virtual Tour in 2006 and has played an instrumental role in getting the seller and MAT together.

See the main site for more details: www.marple-uk.com/mellor-mill

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website