Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: How do I avoid tax avoiding Google?  (Read 11386 times)

marplerambler

Re: How do I avoid tax avoiding Google?
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 04:16:07 PM »
Ask a simple question and you get an irrelevant answer! I don't like the black economy either but I am seeking an answer to a straight forward question and I am getting replies that indicate why Marple people have stopped using the Marple Website because the original question or topic becomes buried unanswered beneath a mountain of irrelevant rubbish.

Once again. I do not want to use Google because they are evading UK taxes (please have a look at my original message). Can anyone suggest an appropriate alternative please?

I am not interested in ISAs, Post Offices, call centres or NHS computers in response to my particular question even though I do enjoy reading the diverse opinions of other Marpudlians in context please do me a favour and express your opinions in the appropriate context. Adminstrator please note! The fact that male sea horses give birth to baby sea horses or the diversion of buses from Hereford to Worcester due to flooding is just as relevant as the answers I have received so far. The more irrelevant answers I receive the more the Administrator begin to question if the Marple website is losing its way because it is dominated by a small number of people dominating the site making comments in an attempt to head the league table for the highest number of entries on the site.

amazon

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 02:46:57 PM »
Cut the crap please Bowden Guy. If you have nothing constructive to say, don't bother answering. You know as well as I do that ISAs and tax relief on donations to charity are ways that the government are willing to forego revenue in an attempt to encourage saving and charitable giving and that this question is not a request for a rant about government policies or public sector waste or inefficiency. Governments will always be one step behind the multinationals because the multinationals will always find loopholes to avoid tax and time is needed to legislate to close these loopholes. I am fully aware that no-one enjoys paying tax or sitting forever watching the phone bill soar waiting for the Inland Revenue to answer the phone. There are the Diddymen in this country who grit their teeth and pay because death and taxation are the only two inevitable things in life and there are the multinational companies who are quite blatant in their attempts to ensure that they act within the law of this Country (just) and at the same time ensure that their taxable profits are made in tax havens so I will rephrase my question as follows: Does anyone know of newspaper articles or reports about other companies in Marple and Stockport which avoid tax by attempting to minimise profits in this country to ensure that the profit will be made in a tax haven? No personal speculation which could get an individual (or Marple Website) into trouble please - just reference to newspaper articles or bona fide reports which have been published elsewhere.

And of coarse theBlack economy .that must be worth a few billions a year .

marplerambler

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 12:06:28 PM »
Cut the crap please Bowden Guy. If you have nothing constructive to say, don't bother answering. You know as well as I do that ISAs and tax relief on donations to charity are ways that the government are willing to forego revenue in an attempt to encourage saving and charitable giving and that this question is not a request for a rant about government policies or public sector waste or inefficiency. Governments will always be one step behind the multinationals because the multinationals will always find loopholes to avoid tax and time is needed to legislate to close these loopholes. I am fully aware that no-one enjoys paying tax or sitting forever watching the phone bill soar waiting for the Inland Revenue to answer the phone. There are the Diddymen in this country who grit their teeth and pay because death and taxation are the only two inevitable things in life and there are the multinational companies who are quite blatant in their attempts to ensure that they act within the law of this Country (just) and at the same time ensure that their taxable profits are made in tax havens so I will rephrase my question as follows: Does anyone know of newspaper articles or reports about other companies in Marple and Stockport which avoid tax by attempting to minimise profits in this country to ensure that the profit will be made in a tax haven? No personal speculation which could get an individual (or Marple Website) into trouble please - just reference to newspaper articles or bona fide reports which have been published elsewhere.

Bowden Guy

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 10:57:45 AM »
Perhaps you should ask for the names and addresses of anyone who has opened an ISA during the past 10 years, or bought some Post Office savings products or has been paying into an Occupational AVC directly from their pay? Or, indeed, supporting a charity via Give as you Earn. They are all tax "avoiders".

No rational individual or organisation is going to pay more tax than they are legally obliged to, especially when we see the waste that Governments always create (eg regional centres for Fire, Ambulance etc that cost many billions but have never been used, NHS computer systems that don't actually work, huge sums of money spent on tax credits that actually leave the country etc etc etc)

It is the politicians that create the tax laws in this country, not Google.

marplerambler

How do I avoid tax avoiding Google?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 10:31:34 AM »
I have just responded to a request asking for old images of Strines by recommending that he 'googles Stockport Council Image Archive' to see their fantastic collection of old photographs of all districts which are now part of Stockport MBC and at the same time I realise that I face a moral dilemma! I am boycotting Boots, Cadbury, Starbucks, Caffe Nero, Amazon and Ebay (for details of more tax avoiders check the '38 degrees' website). They don't want to pay British so I am shopping elsewhere but I cannot find a satisfactory alternative to tax avoiding Google. The MSN search on my computer is useless, Ask Jeeves is not particularly brilliant. Is there a satisfactory alternative to Google which does pay British tax? Secondly 38 degrees shows 13 big tax avoiding companies. Does anyone know of newspaper articles or reports about other companies in Marple and Stockport which avoid tax? No personal speculation which could get an individual (or Marple Website) into trouble please - just reference to newspaper articles or bona fide reports which have been published elsewhere.