Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: Has much changed since 2004, when this first appeared?  (Read 7089 times)

RAY NOBLE

Re: Has much changed since 2004, when this first appeared?
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2012, 01:28:40 PM »
The cells were facing Bowden Lane.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2012, 10:52:58 AM »
Did they used to be a police station right at the bottom of marple on the right going down just past the coop
Garage opposite .

It's still there, or I should say the building is still there. It's now a private house, but it has a lintel with 'Police' or 'Constabulary' or something similar carved into it. It's on the corner of Bowden Lane and Stockport Road.
IIRC the round bit on the corner was the cop shop part and the main building was the originally policeman's house. Never went in so don't know where the cell(s) was(were).

Harry

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2012, 09:57:17 AM »
Did they used to be a police station right at the bottom of marple on the right going down just past the coop
Garage opposite .

It's still there, or I should say the building is still there. It's now a private house, but it has a lintel with 'Police' or 'Constabulary' or something similar carved into it. It's on the corner of Bowden Lane and Stockport Road.

amazon

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 07:52:24 PM »
Youmean those of you who have not gone out into the world and have enjoyed living in a wide range of different places. Who have unimaginatively stayed in one place. Change for change sake H that's what we all want.
You'd be very surprised at where I've gone in the world. That's if it was any of your business.

Since this wasn't a police state when I last looked I can call Marple a village or whatever the hell I like.

Suggest you find something important to worry your pretty little head about.
Garage opposite .

wheels

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 03:38:13 PM »
No sniping at all there don't know what you mean. Just banter.

alan@marple

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 07:52:29 AM »
Of course your entitled to call Marple a village and I am entitled to tell you your wrong. But I expect you know that.
Wheels- stop sniping

wheels

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 11:45:31 PM »
Of course your entitled to call Marple a village and I am entitled to tell you your wrong. But I expect you know that.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 10:08:05 PM »
Youmean those of you who have not gone out into the world and have enjoyed living in a wide range of different places. Who have unimaginatively stayed in one place. Change for change sake H that's what we all want.
You'd be very surprised at where I've gone in the world. That's if it was any of your business.

Since this wasn't a police state when I last looked I can call Marple a village or whatever the hell I like.

Suggest you find something important to worry your pretty little head about.

wheels

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 10:36:14 PM »
It was extremly clear to me.

Susan

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 09:35:35 PM »
Reading through the lines and out of the cardboard box,Think it means the people that havent moved out of marple, and gone to see anywhere else, and that a change is a good change

alan@marple

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 02:31:29 PM »

i don't understand this reply, please explain.

Neither do I

the rover

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 06:31:15 PM »

i don't understand this reply, please explain.

wheels

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 05:13:32 PM »

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 11:00:28 PM »
Definition of a village from Oxford Dictionary

Definition of village

noun

1a group of houses and associated buildings, larger than a hamlet and smaller than a town, situated in a rural area

It certainlt does not have 23000 people. Try "Suburb of Stockport"
Well, those of us who are old Marple with a long family hstory of residence still call it "the village". When I was at primary school in the late 1950s we were told that Marple had a population of 29,000 and was officially the largest village in England although Sheffield also lays claim to the title so that knocks your definition on the head.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 10:54:51 PM »
Which village is that exactly
Dur-r, Marple of course. Remind me again what this web-site is called?