Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Cast your vote in the Stockport Sports Personality of the Year  (Read 5373 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Cast your vote in the Stockport Sports Personality of the Year
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 06:07:55 AM »
Admin, Matt is the one on the right of the picture with the scarf on.....A big thank you to both Matt and Rachel for a great day last Sunday, what a fantastic first dance, could be a huge hit on youtube..... Congrats to Mr and Mrs Walker!!!!

Got me there! I know full well which one Matt is, so it can only be that I don't know my left from my right - sorry  :-[
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

harry gingernut

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 11:50:45 PM »
Further to Matthew winning the Stockport Sports Personality of the Year, Pure 107.8FM have issued the following press release. I think we on this forum probably played a big part in making him the "Overwhelming favourite":

Paralympic Swimmer is Pure Class

With twelve Paralympic medals to his name, Stockport swimmer Matthew Walker MBE is no stranger to winning.  But his latest accolade was voted for by listeners of the borough’s radio station Pure 107.8FM.

Matt was the overwhelming favourite in the public vote to find Pure Sport’s Stockport Sports Personality of the Year for 2012.  The Marple star had to beat some stiff competition with cyclists Sarah Storey and Anthony Kappes, plus Olympian Kate Walsh among the nominees. But his bronze medal at London 2012 in the SM7 50 metres freestyle, which he dedicated to his late father, captured the public’s imagination.

As a huge Stockport County fan, Matt was delighted to receive his award from Pure County presenter Pete Liggins on the pitch at Edgeley Park.  The four thousand strong home crowd gave him a rapturous reception at half time during the Hatters recent 3-2 win over Nuneaton.

The thirty four year old says he hopes his achievements will inspire Stockport children.  “You can do anything you want to do, nobody can stop you.  If you want to do something badly enough, you can achieve it”.

Pure’s Sports Editor Pete Liggins was honoured to present Matt with his award.  “He’s a true Ambassador for the borough and I think our listeners made a great choice in making him their Stockport Sports Personality for 2012”.

In the photo attached to this post, taken by Mike Petch, Matthew (left) is pictured receiving his award from Pure's Pete Liggins on the pitch at Edgeley Park.

Admin, Matt is the one on the right of the picture with the scarf on.....A big thank you to both Matt and Rachel for a great day last Sunday, what a fantastic first dance, could be a huge hit on youtube..... Congrats to Mr and Mrs Walker!!!!

Susan

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 08:59:14 PM »
Well done Matt xxxx

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 04:20:30 PM »
Further to Matthew winning the Stockport Sports Personality of the Year, Pure 107.8FM have issued the following press release. I think we on this forum probably played a big part in making him the "Overwhelming favourite":

Paralympic Swimmer is Pure Class

With twelve Paralympic medals to his name, Stockport swimmer Matthew Walker MBE is no stranger to winning.  But his latest accolade was voted for by listeners of the borough’s radio station Pure 107.8FM.

Matt was the overwhelming favourite in the public vote to find Pure Sport’s Stockport Sports Personality of the Year for 2012.  The Marple star had to beat some stiff competition with cyclists Sarah Storey and Anthony Kappes, plus Olympian Kate Walsh among the nominees. But his bronze medal at London 2012 in the SM7 50 metres freestyle, which he dedicated to his late father, captured the public’s imagination.

As a huge Stockport County fan, Matt was delighted to receive his award from Pure County presenter Pete Liggins on the pitch at Edgeley Park.  The four thousand strong home crowd gave him a rapturous reception at half time during the Hatters recent 3-2 win over Nuneaton.

The thirty four year old says he hopes his achievements will inspire Stockport children.  “You can do anything you want to do, nobody can stop you.  If you want to do something badly enough, you can achieve it”.

Pure’s Sports Editor Pete Liggins was honoured to present Matt with his award.  “He’s a true Ambassador for the borough and I think our listeners made a great choice in making him their Stockport Sports Personality for 2012”.

In the photo attached to this post, taken by Mike Petch, Matthew (left right) is pictured receiving his award from Pure's Pete Liggins on the pitch at Edgeley Park.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

wheels

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 10:08:01 PM »
Thank you for everyone that voted for me, i have won Stockport sport personality 2012, listen out for me on Pure Radio tomorrow night think is on around 7pm

Matthew Walker  :) :)

Congratulations Matthew

Barbara

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 09:27:52 PM »
Well done -  ;D

chris

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 09:02:23 PM »
Thank you for everyone that voted for me, i have won Stockport sport personality 2012, listen out for me on Pure Radio tomorrow night think is on around 7pm

Matthew Walker  :) :)

wheels

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 12:36:25 PM »
Yes thats as far as I got. Anyway thanks for flagging it up.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 11:27:16 AM »
It says on the Pure Radio site that the winner would be announced on Friday 21st, but it doesn't appear to have been yet.

http://www.pureradio.org.uk/
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

wheels

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 11:18:28 AM »
Do we know who won this????

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Cast your vote in the Stockport Sports Personality of the Year
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 05:29:31 PM »
Cast your vote for the Pure Sport Stockport Sports Personality of the Year:

http://kwiksurveys.com/app/showpoll.asp?qid=57763&sid=z89n7y44t5oivhb57763&new=True

Show your support for Marple's Mathew Walker or choose another of Stockport's sporting achievers.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website