Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Bulls Head - Closed???  (Read 4304 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Bulls Head - Closed???
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 06:00:18 AM »
Passed it today. It's looking very smart.

Bluezorro

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 10:03:29 PM »
Always a chance of some of them being blown away or getting wet if outside.

Dave

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 06:36:23 PM »
Call me old-fashioned, but I'm struggling to see the difference between selling drugs in a pub and selling them on the street?

I guess children are less likely to buy them in a pub. 

amazon

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 06:18:40 PM »
Call me old-fashioned, but I'm struggling to see the difference between selling drugs in a pub and selling them on the street?
Don't se why the subject has to be brought up anyway what has that got to do with the pub closing

Bowden Guy

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 12:51:48 PM »

wheels

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 11:11:38 PM »
sorry to correct you but it was a den of iniquity my mum and dad said the same to me  didnt keep me out though  dad thought it was full of drugs in the 70s but always trusted us

Better being sold there than on the street

heather

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 09:18:22 PM »
sorry to correct you but it was a den of iniquity my mum and dad said the same to me  didnt keep me out though  dad thought it was full of drugs in the 70s but always trusted us

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 11:33:21 AM »
 :)  A childhood recollection is of one of the local bobbies telling my Dad that the Bulls Head was a local sink of iniquity which entertained all the villains in Marple (There weren't that many - this was in the late '50s!). When Father inquired why they didn't close it down the bobby said "Oh we don't want to do that. If we did we wouldn't know where they where when we wanted them!".

(This is no reflection on the current Bulls Head or its management)

Cyberman

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 11:37:40 PM »
Just checked the Robinsons link - thanks for that Tricky. Good that they're putting some money into it, and I hope whoever takes it on makes a success of it. I hope they will manage to fit a few guest beers in there - sorry Robinsons, but we all need a bit of variety..

tina

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 10:46:09 PM »
I believe its having a refurb and re-opening 30th Nov

Tricky

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 09:07:45 PM »
meh

amazon

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 08:59:21 PM »
Looks like the Bulls Head pub in the precinct is closed. There's paper covering the windows, and a "To Let" sign outside. I'm not a customer myself, but it's a shame if one more business in Marple has closed down. Anyone have any clues why? Can't be their Karaoke - that was the best in Marple  ;D

What's the fish man going to do thought he pluged in there .

Cyberman

Bulls Head - Closed???
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 08:46:39 PM »
Looks like the Bulls Head pub in the precinct is closed. There's paper covering the windows, and a "To Let" sign outside. I'm not a customer myself, but it's a shame if one more business in Marple has closed down. Anyone have any clues why? Can't be their Karaoke - that was the best in Marple  ;D