Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: Retail Customer Service  (Read 4590 times)

Retail Customer Service
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 01:25:31 PM »
Personally, I find I receive good customer service just about everywhere I frequent in Marple. I find that a cheery 'Hello', and a smile, starts any dialogue off on the right foot. Though I must admit, the Co-op can often be an exception to this. Its not just the Marple Co-op, the smaller ones in Offerton and Bredbury are the same, so it must be something in their culture.

Norris

Retail Customer Service
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 10:13:02 AM »
I agree with Alan, Whites is the best butchers around, but i must also mention Grenaby Farm as the best Bakers come sandwich shop come pie shop in town - with good service and friendly staff!

Retail Customer Service
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 12:46:34 PM »
I have found almost every shop in Marple that I have been in to have good service EXCEPT for the sewing shop on the pedestrian precinct. The lady on the counter was so rude that i shall never shop there again. I went into the shop and selected what I wanted and waited to be served; and waited, and waited and waited. The shop assistant spent the next 10 minutes or so chatting to the previous customer who had finished her transaction; in the meantime I waited patiently while my 3 month old baby got increasingly impatient. Of course the shop assistant must have noticed this but did nothing to help and she never apologised for the delay either. i will never set foot in that shop again; i dont know how they survive if they are so rude to everyone apart from their "friends".

Belly

• Marple Cricket Club Website
Retail Customer Service
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004, 02:17:29 PM »
Kinaray is excellent - very friendly bunch and excellent food.
Words are trains for passing through what really has no name...

Retail Customer Service
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 05:06:35 PM »
Just been into Iceland and saw a disabled woman in an electric chair ask for help with her packing at the tills. Despite 4 members of staff being around, non helped, the till operator shrugged his shoulders, the till supervisor walked away and her young daughter had to help.

However, I am not suprised as this is standard at this store.

They remain consistant with poor service.

Retail Customer Service
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 07:50:53 PM »
I think you are quite right Alan, It seems that customer service is from the customer to the staff member and is not often reciprocated.

I must add the following to your list , Neals, Erica Jones Opticians and Kinaray for friendly service, value for money and the willingness to go that extra mile.

Generally as you, I pass many other local bussinesses in favour of those further a field.

alan@marple

Retail Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 09:28:41 AM »
If I  was to award a prize for the best and most cheerful customer service it would be to Mulligans Hardware shop.

No matter how little one spends, one is always greeted with a with a cheery greeting and a happy smile.

There are some establishments  which are downright rude to the customers, either by attitude or mannerism or just lack of interest in the customer.

How frustrating it is, to be struggling trying to separate and then open a bag at the checkout, just because the till assistant has not bothered to prepare them in advance for immediate use, or cause for this to be done, and then sits arms folded watching you struggle and at the same time asking you for payment.

How annoying it is to buy fresh several items of fresh produce and then having to ASK for a bag to put purchases in.

These are not name but a few.

If Mulligans cant supply me immediately, they offer to get it, if I cant wait I go Romiley or B&Q at Stockport,

If those friendly People at Rose Hill Post office are not able to offer the service I want( which is not often) then I choose to go to Stockport for my postal requirements ( Hall St or the main post office"

I buy my newspapers from Texaco
My bread and Milk  and my weekly shop from Sainsbury's or Asda (passing several local outlets in order to do so)

When I buy meat, whenever possible I support Mr White the Butcher on Market, not the cheapest, but in my opinion the best.

The customer is not always right, some can be rude, upsetting and cantankerous but I am afraid I find the greatest problem of annoyance is Managers not Managing the staff and seemingly not providing sufficient training in customer service.

Of the services I use my top Marple shops are.

Mulligans Hardware

White the Butcher

Boots the Chemist

Rose Hill Post office (not really Marple)

Having got that of my chest, I would be interested in others views on shopping in Marple and customer service