Marple Glass and Glazing

Author Topic: Government and Politics  (Read 1807 times)

simonesaffron

Re: Government and Politics
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 07:02:28 AM »
Didn't JJR also say,  "People who know little are usually great talkers"...

"How they can milk the system", ..."never had a proper job"..."corrupt leeches".

"Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong." JJR.

Duke, you cannot expect your views on serious subjects to be taken by others with anything other than casual ridicule when you post a photo of Mick Channon in a Newcastle strip (I think it is he) and you run past the library every day for three years and never see the books. In fact it could be  an epitaph.

"HE RAN PAST THE LIBRARY ALL HIS LIFE BUT NEVER SAW A BOOK" 

What would JJR think of that?

Didn't somebody say of him ? "He is plainly mad after long being maddish".

Dave

Re: Government and Politics
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 08:26:27 AM »
I do enjoy these periodic glimpses of life on Planet Duke. We start by holding a perfectly rational discussion about how best to use our 10K of Portas money, and in no time it's turned into another rant about the EU and Ed Miliband. At least this time we've got Jean-Jacques Rousseau instead of Adam Smith ;-)

Duke Fame

Government and Politics
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 10:35:15 PM »
Cutting business rates will probably cause other taxes to go up too :-(

Well, that may well need to be it. Business is more important for recovery. For a good many years, government has sought money through business rates & NI. Businesses don't vote - that has to change.

Perhaps, once we've got the debt down a bit, governement needs realise that it needs to be smaller.

Don't agree at all Duke Government is what orders society and I want to see more and bigger particularly from Brussels for which I would be glad to see a demise of the Westminster show the only thing I want to see less off this the armed forces and the police they can be shrunk as you suggest.

Total nonsense. i think it was Rousseau who said "where there is commerce, there are manners", he was spot on.

Government is becoming a career for too many and it's all about how much they can milk from the system. How is it that Ed Milliband's biggest salary from govt was £100k yest he's a multi-millionaire. These people have never had a proper job. Brussels is ridiculous, the talking shop achieves nothing but makes the EU impotent as far as being a productve entity is concerned. MEP's are an extension of local Councillors, corrupt leaches.

If you want to be in hock to the EU, move to Greece.

wheels

Government and Politics
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 12:10:16 PM »

Well, that may well need to be it. Business is more important for recovery. For a good many years, government has sought money through business rates & NI. Businesses don't vote - that has to change.

Perhaps, once we've got the debt down a bit, governement needs realise that it needs to be smaller.

Don't agree at all Duke Government is what orders society and I want to see more and bigger particularly from Brussels for which I would be glad to see a demise of the Westminster show the only thing I want to see less off this the armed forces and the police they can be shrunk as you suggest.

Duke Fame

Government and Politics
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 12:02:35 PM »

Dave

Government and Politics
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 05:22:06 PM »