Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: Refurbishing Seats  (Read 4556 times)

amazon

Refurbishing Seats
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 12:14:54 PM »
Congratulations to all involved in the 'Town Team' and thank you for the hard work that went into the Portas Bid.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the money will be used for.
Perhaps they could spend some on refurbishing the seats .

No, we can do that for nothing, the money must be spent in a way to support the local businesses to thrive. This could be very dull but practical such as a mass appeal to the valuation agency to get rates down. Shame landlords to be less greedy, some rents in Marple are outrageous. BUSINESSES NEED OVERHEADS DOWN and footfall up.

Footfall will be up when the new supermarkets come . So why have the seats not been done I've been banging on about this for twelve months the seats have not had anything done to them since they were installed years ago .perhaps local businesses need to start supporting local people prices for one not closing on Wednesdays
For another they need competition . Not grants

Marple Business Forum

Refurbishing Seats
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 06:18:56 PM »

Sorry - meant to update everyone on this! Apologises for not letting everyone know sooner.

The Marple District Centre Partnership have just secured funding from SMBC for all materials needed to refurb all the benches.

The MBF will now put together work parties and start getting the job done.

amazon

Refurbishing Seats
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 03:24:28 PM »
Congratulations to all involved in the 'Town Team' and thank you for the hard work that went into the Portas Bid.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the money will be used for.