Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Refurbishing Seats  (Read 4532 times)

Duke Fame

Re: Refurbishing Seats
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2012, 10:38:01 PM »
But it would not be cost free nothing at all ever is nor should be, shops will increase their prices to cover what you suggest so you end up with a sub standard job which you still pay for.

No, it it creates an extra customer, it's actually cost effective. Ever wondered why businesses that advertise successfully also have the lowest prices?

wheels

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2012, 12:19:12 PM »
But it would not be cost free nothing at all ever is nor should be, shops will increase their prices to cover what you suggest so you end up with a sub standard job which you still pay for.

Duke Fame

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2012, 12:04:48 PM »
Perhaps they could spend some on refurbishing the seats .

Sorry - meant to update everyone on this! Apologises for not letting everyone know sooner.

The Marple District Centre Partnership have just secured funding from SMBC for all materials needed to refurb all the benches.

The MBF will now put together work parties and start getting the job done.

Whilst that's great, I'd have thought this could be done cost-free. Surely local businesses would have donated money for sandpaper in exchange for a nice bit of advertising on the seats. It would also have got over the A board issue that the council whines on about.

wheels

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2012, 11:23:10 PM »
Who actually closes Wednesday. Only Whites butchers as far as I can see. Everyone else opens.

Furniture store closes

Duke Fame

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2012, 10:11:21 PM »
But Duke some of us want the Council tax to go up this idea of freezing it will only create problems in the future.

I don't want a some of ham fisted volunteers doing things I want the services provided by the council.

So who would do the work Solutions SK, that well oiled organisation monitored by our Council Executive   ::)

I can think of nearly 1/2 m things.

SK solutions needs to be sold off properly, it plays at providing services with the same hang ups as the public sector.

amazon

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2012, 09:31:51 PM »
Sorry - meant to update everyone on this! Apologises for not letting everyone know sooner.

The Marple District Centre Partnership have just secured funding from SMBC for all materials needed to refurb all the benches.

The MBF will now put together work parties and start getting the job done.
Well we'll well .seats are going to be done . Now what about the grant money any ideas .

richard

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2012, 08:54:57 PM »
Who actually closes Wednesday. Only Whites butchers as far as I can see. Everyone else opens.

jethroh65

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 08:06:10 PM »
But Duke some of us want the Council tax to go up this idea of freezing it will only create problems in the future.

I don't want a some of ham fisted volunteers doing things I want the services provided by the council.
So who would do the work Solutions SK, that well oiled organisation monitored by our Council Executive   ::)

gazwhite

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 07:59:41 PM »

'Ham Fisted' - never heard that one before - I had a look on 'Yahoo Answers' to check it's meaning - and it appears to mean clumsy.

If you're going to pass comments or your opinion of people and their ability, why not put your real name to it?

Great job done by everyone who does volunteer in my opinion.

amazon

Refurbishing Seats
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 06:35:47 PM »
The council don;t need to be involves, the Business forum are getting people together and hopefully, get a bit of advertising on the seats too. That's why I offered to help,, it just needs some volunteers for 1/2 a day.

Relying on the council to do everything is just going to get our tax put up.

Big society and all that
It's to late this year for seats weather and winter . Relying on the council to do anything is the problem

amazon

Refurbishing Seats
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 06:31:27 PM »

Yip right why should volunteers have to do everything .marple memorial park that is different without them the park would be a mess .

wheels

Refurbishing Seats
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 05:31:02 PM »

Duke Fame

Refurbishing Seats
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 04:51:57 PM »
Who got the hole epaired entrance to memorial park me .who constantly emails councillor about seats me .

The council don;t need to be involves, the Business forum are getting people together and hopefully, get a bit of advertising on the seats too. That's why I offered to help,, it just needs some volunteers for 1/2 a day.

Relying on the council to do everything is just going to get our tax put up.

Big society and all that

amazon

Refurbishing Seats
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 02:11:43 PM »
Amazon, I've offered to the business forum a  morning of my time to help sort out the seats, whilst you've been banging on for a year, have you done the same?

The prices local businesses charge seem reasonable to me, what local traders need is local people shopping, not local people perpetuating the myth that the traders are overcharging.

I agree with opening Wednesday, that's of course down to the shop, if they can't get enough trade to pay staff on a Wednesday, they will be shut.

Who got the hole repaired entrance to memorial park me .who constantly emails councillor about seats me .

Duke Fame

Refurbishing Seats
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 01:46:56 PM »
Congratulations to all involved in the 'Town Team' and thank you for the hard work that went into the Portas Bid.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the money will be used for.
Perhaps they could spend some on refurbishing the seats .

No, we can do that for nothing, the money must be spent in a way to support the local businesses to thrive. This could be very dull but practical such as a mass appeal to the valuation agency to get rates down. Shame landlords to be less greedy, some rents in Marple are outrageous. BUSINESSES NEED OVERHEADS DOWN and footfall up.

Footfall will be up when the new supermarkets come . So why have the seats not been done I've been banging on about this for twelve months the seats have not had anything done to them since they were installed years ago .perhaps local businesses need to start supporting local people prices for one not closing on Wednesdays
For another they need competition . Not grants

Amazon, I've offered to the business forum a  morning of my time to help sort out the seats, whilst you've been banging on for a year, have you done the same?

The prices local businesses charge seem reasonable to me, what local traders need is local people shopping, not local people perpetuating the myth that the traders are overcharging.

I agree with opening Wednesday, that's of course down to the shop, if they can't get enough trade to pay staff on a Wednesday, they will be shut.