Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: MARPLE Carnival faces an uncertain future again  (Read 3090 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: MARPLE Carnival faces an uncertain future again
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 11:44:59 PM »
MARPLE Carnival faces an uncertain future, organisers have warned.

The annual event celebrated its 50th anniversary this year -but may not be able to run in 2013 unless locals step up.

Carnival committee chairman, John Wright, said that several committee members are leaving for various reasons - but these roles need to be filled soon.

"Organising the big day is a year-round task and things need to move forward over the next few weeks," he said.

"I and the rest of the committee are still committed to the carnival and we are hoping that the feel good factor that past carnivals have generated will persuade more people to get involved."

If you are able to help, either by joining the committee or helping on the day, go along to the Carnival AGM, at the Conservative Club, Church Lane on Monday, November 12 at 8pm, call 07804 081878 or visit www.marplecarnival.org.uk
The Carnival Committee have my sympathies. I am heavily involved with an annual summer charity fund-raiser and people seem to think we snap our fingers and things just magically happen.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: MARPLE Carnival faces an uncertain future again
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 07:58:22 AM »
Marple Carnival's web site has been updated with a new appeal for volunteers to call chairman John Wright if you can offer any help, or come along to their next meeting on 18 February at Marple Conservative Club.

Please help if you want a Carnival this year!

For more details see: www.marplecarnival.org.uk
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
MARPLE Carnival faces an uncertain future again
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 11:08:27 AM »
MARPLE Carnival faces an uncertain future, organisers have warned.

The annual event celebrated its 50th anniversary this year -but may not be able to run in 2013 unless locals step up.

Carnival committee chairman, John Wright, said that several committee members are leaving for various reasons - but these roles need to be filled soon.

"Organising the big day is a year-round task and things need to move forward over the next few weeks," he said.

"I and the rest of the committee are still committed to the carnival and we are hoping that the feel good factor that past carnivals have generated will persuade more people to get involved."

If you are able to help, either by joining the committee or helping on the day, go along to the Carnival AGM, at the Conservative Club, Church Lane on Monday, November 12 at 8pm, call 07804 081878 or visit www.marplecarnival.org.uk

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website