Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Author Topic: Worst case of a local council exceeding it's remit.  (Read 1946 times)

Duke Fame

Re: Worst case of a local council exceeding it's remit.
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 12:23:40 PM »
Better than that tell them were hard up in Marple, we need an urgent concert I'm going for a Who reunion up on the Ridge (happy to contribute any of my council tax they need to use)

You will not get in Hoots, the idea is that the council pay for a gig, they invite themselves and some 'VIP' people and the little people can watch on TV but the little people must pay for it.

Hoots2

Re: Worst case of a local council exceeding it's remit.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 10:32:14 PM »
Better than that tell them were hard up in Marple, we need an urgent concert I'm going for a Who reunion up on the Ridge (happy to contribute any of my council tax they need to use)

Duke Fame

Worst case of a local council exceeding it's remit.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 03:17:30 PM »
Manchester City Council forked out nearly £1/2m of their tax payers money for this concert http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/09/25/liverppol-manchester-city-united-alicia-keys-concert_n_1911978.html

As you can see it was attended by a lot of people who can afford to buy their own ticket and to add insult to injury, a whole host of local Labour councillors invited themselves along for free.

I've asked a Stockport councillor if any of our money was spent on this ego-trip but they couldn't say either way.