Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: Re: Supermarket Deliveries (split from: Marple vs Supermarket - latest press coverage)  (Read 10945 times)

amazon

The ASDA representative at the exhibition on Saturday 29th September told me that there would be 7 deliveries by artic per day plus a couple of tankers with fuel per week (and you can probably double that figure unless you believe what ASDA tell you).  If the store is expecting to shift 7 artic loads worth of goods each day you can work out how much traffic from shoppers they are expecting to be coming in and out of the site.

Apparently ASDA are also very generously considering "gifting" the green open space to the council.  As this land can't be built on it will have no commercial value and the responsibility and expense of the maintenance and upkeep of this space will be transferred from ASDA to the council ie to council tax payers in Marple.  Thanks.

Who looks after it now the green space .

sleepless

The ASDA representative at the exhibition on Saturday 29th September told me that there would be 7 deliveries by artic per day plus a couple of tankers with fuel per week (and you can probably double that figure unless you believe what ASDA tell you).  If the store is expecting to shift 7 artic loads worth of goods each day you can work out how much traffic from shoppers they are expecting to be coming in and out of the site.

Apparently ASDA are also very generously considering "gifting" the green open space to the council.  As this land can't be built on it will have no commercial value and the responsibility and expense of the maintenance and upkeep of this space will be transferred from ASDA to the council ie to council tax payers in Marple.  Thanks.

Victor M

They could very well be Quarry lorries, they used to go along Strines Road at that time before the weight restriction was put in place. If anyone does see them going down Strines Road, if you take down the reg no. and report it to Derbyshire police, they will prosecute them for breaking the weight restriction. Not so sure what GMP will do if they are seen on Hibbert Lane.

Lisa Oldham

<removed an empty post from amazon>  lisa

amazon

Amazon the only roads with weight restrictions on them in the Marple area are Longhurst Lane, Strines Road & Hibbert Lane. did you see the lorries travelling on any of these roads?

And the lower part of Church Lane.

So anyone know we're they go .dont think they are supermarket lorries sound empy .

Steptoe and Son

Amazon the only roads with weight restrictions on them in the Marple area are Longhurst Lane, Strines Road & Hibbert Lane. did you see the lorries travelling on any of these roads?

And the lower part of Church Lane.

amazon

No they come down Glossop road very early and down to Marple  bridge don't know where then not up but woken up .there is two of them .
The bin men used to come to Windsor castle at around 3.15 morning tuesday but that seems to have stopped now .

Victor M

amazon

deliveries not a problem if the artics aren't rumbling past your house of a morning! Add these to the tarmac thumping skip lorries from Rose Hill tip on Stockport Road and we'll need Dan Bank re-building again!

Five o'clock down Glossop road empy lorries suspect going to the quarries at Buxton . They are not supposed to come through maple bridge marple .at that time .

jimblob

deliveries not a problem if the artics aren't rumbling past your house of a morning! Add these to the tarmac thumping skip lorries from Rose Hill tip on Stockport Road and we'll need Dan Bank re-building again!

Duke Fame

We have 2012 pixies?

amazon

I think deliveries might be more of an issue but, unlike some politicians, lets wait and see.
This has been mentioned a number of times, mostly by the scaremongers, but I fail to see how deliveries could be an issue. I occasionally see a delivery truck at the Co-op, but only occasionally. I pass Morrisons in Bredbury regularly, but have very rarely seen a delivery truck. The same with Sainsburys in Hazel Grove. So I would guess that these stores probably have about 1 delivery per day, 2 at the most. Why do people presume that an Asda in Marple would need more than any other supermarket?
Good point again there most of them are timed deliverys any way .

Are timed deliveries somehow quieter?

Harry often talks sense on these pages but logic says he's wrong here. You font see deliveries because they happen out of hours. Going back to my experience at Tesco in the 80's the fruit & veg got an arctic a day as it's perishable. Meats etc are all daily deliveries from different depots, customers will remove the equiv of an artic every 3 hours, it doesn't arrive by pixies.

This is 2012 now Duke .

Duke Fame

I think deliveries might be more of an issue but, unlike some politicians, lets wait and see.
This has been mentioned a number of times, mostly by the scaremongers, but I fail to see how deliveries could be an issue. I occasionally see a delivery truck at the Co-op, but only occasionally. I pass Morrisons in Bredbury regularly, but have very rarely seen a delivery truck. The same with Sainsburys in Hazel Grove. So I would guess that these stores probably have about 1 delivery per day, 2 at the most. Why do people presume that an Asda in Marple would need more than any other supermarket?
Good point again there most of them are timed deliverys any way .

Are timed deliveries somehow quieter?

Harry often talks sense on these pages but logic says he's wrong here. You font see deliveries because they happen out of hours. Going back to my experience at Tesco in the 80's the fruit & veg got an arctic a day as it's perishable. Meats etc are all daily deliveries from different depots, customers will remove the equiv of an artic every 3 hours, it doesn't arrive by pixies.

sgk

I'll be honest.. I didn't read the whole thing.. BUT are you suggesting that Marple's ASDA store at 2322m² will have the same delivery schedule as Tower Hamlets 14,112m² ?

No, I'm not suggesting that.  I'm posting a delivery schedule for another ASDA store, rather than the assumptions+guesswork+speculation+anecdotal evidence posted earlier in the thread. 

If someone find get a better example, great, would be way better than my link. 

Or if someone can press ASDA for details of their delivery schedules at the new store (next consultation or next area committee?) and post the details here, that would be ideal.

Tricky

A typical ASDA delivery schedule, taken from http://moderngov.towerhamlets.gov.uk/mgConvert2PDF.aspx?ID=29666 :-
  • 5 fresh deliveries between 22:00 and 08:00  
  • 3 ambient deliveries between 08:00 and 14:00  
  • 2 ambient deliveries between 14:00 and 21:00  
  • 2 chill/frozen deliveries between 12:00 and 21:00  
  • 1 George (clothing) delivery around 08:00 (6 per week)  
  • 3 direct deliveries (bread/milk, etc) usually AM

Plus one or two fuel tankers per week.

I'll be honest.. I didn't read the whole thing.. BUT are you suggesting that Marple's ASDA store at 2322m² will have the same delivery schedule as Tower Hamlets 14,112m² ?

meh