Michelle Reynolds Podiatrist, Marple

Author Topic: Re: Supermarket Deliveries (split from: Marple vs Supermarket - latest press coverage)  (Read 10908 times)

sgk

They don't deliver at night no need to .petrol during the day maybe once  week unless they are giving it away
And I can't see them doing that.

Elsewhere, ASDA has pushed for permission to take deliveries on any day, except for between 2am and 4am.  
http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s/2104545_asda_can_extend_delivery_times

Hey, who needs more than two hours of sleep anyway?

A typical ASDA delivery schedule, taken from http://moderngov.towerhamlets.gov.uk/mgConvert2PDF.aspx?ID=29666 :-
  • 5 fresh deliveries between 22:00 and 08:00  
  • 3 ambient deliveries between 08:00 and 14:00  
  • 2 ambient deliveries between 14:00 and 21:00  
  • 2 chill/frozen deliveries between 12:00 and 21:00  
  • 1 George (clothing) delivery around 08:00 (6 per week)  
  • 3 direct deliveries (bread/milk, etc) usually AM

Plus one or two fuel tankers per week.

amazon

I mentioned deliveries as it is a complete unknown as far as I am concerned. I had assumed that they took place at night. From what you all say it looks as if it wont be a problem but lets wait and see. (Don't forget there is the filling station as well)

I don't live anywhere near a supermarket but I would have assumed that delivery's at night would be much much more disruptive to people living nearby.

They don't deliver at night no need to .petrol during the day maybe once  week unless they are giving it away
And I can't see them doing that.

wheels

I mentioned deliveries as it is a complete unknown as far as I am concerned. I had assumed that they took place at night. From what you all say it looks as if it wont be a problem but lets wait and see. (Don't forget there is the filling station as well)

I don't live anywhere near a supermarket but I would have assumed that delivery's at night would be much much more disruptive to people living nearby.

alstan

amazon

I think deliveries might be more of an issue but, unlike some politicians, lets wait and see.

This has been mentioned a number of times, mostly by the scaremongers, but I fail to see how deliveries could be an issue. I occasionally see a delivery truck at the Co-op, but only occasionally. I pass Morrisons in Bredbury regularly, but have very rarely seen a delivery truck. The same with Sainsburys in Hazel Grove. So I would guess that these stores probably have about 1 delivery per day, 2 at the most. Why do people presume that an Asda in Marple would need more than any other supermarket?
Good point again there most of them are timed deliverys any way .

bluebelly

i worked at the goyt mill in the early 80 s, for a firm callrd pressware. we used to have up to 5 artic delivery/pic ups a day. icant see this being a problem.

sgk

I think deliveries might be more of an issue but, unlike some politicians, lets wait and see.

This has been mentioned a number of times, mostly by the scaremongers, but I fail to see how deliveries could be an issue. I occasionally see a delivery truck at the Co-op, but only occasionally. I pass Morrisons in Bredbury regularly, but have very rarely seen a delivery truck. The same with Sainsburys in Hazel Grove. So I would guess that these stores probably have about 1 delivery per day, 2 at the most. Why do people presume that an Asda in Marple would need more than any other supermarket?

Perhaps that's a good question to ask ASDA at the next consultation / area committee : how many deliveries per day, and during what hours ?

Tricky

I think deliveries are only permitted during opening hours too.

meh

Harry