Research conducted by a former owner of the property suggests the following:
Originally built as a barn for Chapel House Farm around 1760.
Reference is made to the barn being used as a school from 1831 until All Saints Primary was opened in 1838.
From then until 1921 the barn was known as the Technical Institute - believed to have educated mill apprentices.
The earliest reference to it being a residence was 1871.
In 1919 Margaret Anne Young (* see below) sold the technical institute.
In 1921 the name was changed to The Bungalow.
The gardens (as they are now laid out) were probably established by a Mary Boothroyd, a keen gardener who lived there between 1934 and 1963
The property was completely renovated and re-roofed in 1979/80
It was re-named Bobbin Mill by the researcher, who bought the house in 1986
* The researcher believed Margaret was the widow of Edmund Turner Young, killed in action in Gallipoli in 1915, who they also believed was the owner of the Technical Institute in 1871. However Marple's Great War reference "Remembered" by Messrs Clarke, Cook and Bintliff (a fine read, copies are probably still available :-) supports that Edmund was killed in 1915 but that he was only aged 35, and furthermore was the son of Margarate Anne (and Col. Thomas Pilkington) and that they lived at The Mount in Marple. NB. Edmund's Grandfather was the Late Squire Turner of Marple [capitalisation as per "Remembered"] so it's fair to say the family link is plausible, even if not exactly as researched.
Goldie61, is there any chance you could scan the certificate, and the old booklet, and e-mail them to Admin so he can add them to the website archives??