Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Fewer buses on 394 route.  (Read 3670 times)

Duke Fame

Re: Fewer buses on 394 route.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 09:07:27 PM »
It would be cheaper to take busses off and simply spend the subsidy on a Taxi on demand service.

Stockport Classic Bus

Re: Fewer buses on 394 route.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 07:32:19 PM »
I agree but remember that bus operators gain no per-journey revenue from concessionary users, they need healthy loads of full fare passengers. They receive grants and subsidies for concessionary fares but that doesn't mean they have to offer specific journeys at specific times, and those journeys which are being chopped will have been specifically analysed as particularly low revenue journeys. Market forces!!

marplerambler

Fewer buses on 394 route.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 05:55:48 PM »
Fewer buses on 394 route.
From Monday 2nd September according to details on the High Peak Buses website, there are changes coming to the 394 bus service.
On Monday to Fridays, the 06.45 from Glossop to Stepping Hill will no longer run, along with 18.20 from Stepping Hill to Glossop.
On Saturdays the 08.23, and 17.20 journeys from Glossop to Stepping Hill will no longer run, along with the 08.03 High Lane to Glossop, and 17.20 and 18.20 journeys from Stepping Hill to Glossop.
I thought that it could be the end of the road for the 394 when Speedwell Buses went broke. I use the route for journeys from Hibbert Lane to Glossop and I am sometimes the only passenger on the bus between Marple Bridge and Gamesley. I also use the 394 to connect with the 199 and TP bus at High Lane. Why oh why can’t some people with concessionary passes just leave their cars in the garage and plant their bums on the bus seats when they are nipping into town to the shops/doctors/library or Marple Station? If you don’t use it you lose it and once the bus has gone it will never return!