Lawler & Co - Marple's Local Independent Estate Agent for Sales and Lettings

Author Topic: Marple station  (Read 2842 times)

Dave

Re: Marple station
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 12:42:22 PM »
Not at all.  Every day children see behaviour which is not a good role model - on television, on the internet, and even in Marple station car park. It's actually an important part of growing up.

wheels

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 11:45:08 AM »
So your not concerned then about the role model that adults provide smoking in outdoor places.

Dave

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 10:34:32 AM »
I suspect the police have got more important things to do than arresting people for smoking in the street. And what's the point of banning it in an open space such as the station car park? It's obviously not a health hazard to anyone else, and if, as bluebelly suggests, it's to stop litter, then the solution is to provide waste bins and stop people dropping litter.

wheels

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 03:15:02 PM »
I see there's a no smoking sign at the entrance to the station car park - I don't remember it being there before, though perhaps I missed it. Seems a bit excessive, that....

But all transport undertakings be thay bus stops or station car parks are by law covered by the smoking ban thankfully. Hopefully public parks and the streets will be next.

bluebelly

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 12:04:51 PM »
you woudnt say that if you had to go around picking up everyones fag ends.

Dave

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 06:17:38 PM »
I see there's a no smoking sign at the entrance to the station car park - I don't remember it being there before, though perhaps I missed it. Seems a bit excessive, that....

amazon

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 01:47:34 PM »
I think you are a bit premature about the lifts, Amazon.

However, the new bridge does indeed look very good and there's much more room on platform 1 (if not on the 8.09).
Yes your right just been to book some tcks asked about the lifts still not working they have been given a month to sort toilets also not ready .

hollins

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 08:47:01 AM »
I think you are a bit premature about the lifts, Amazon.

However, the new bridge does indeed look very good and there's much more room on platform 1 (if not on the 8.09).

amazon

Marple station
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 11:30:47 AM »
It now looks as though the new improvements at Marple station are now finished .the lifts now seem to be working a lot better it looks great improvement .