A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Linked Events

• Rock into Summer at Marple RC: July 14, 2012

Author Topic: Rock into Summer at Marple Rugby Club  (Read 3404 times)

JMC

Re: Rock into Summer at Marple Rugby Club
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 06:01:09 PM »
I was surprised it finished so early. Was much less disruptive than the year before.

marplerambler

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 02:28:17 PM »
What can I do but hold up my hands and admit that my earlier harsh comments proved to be unjustified! All credit to the Rugby Club this year, they kept the volume a lot lower than on previous occassions and when I went to bed at 10.45 the party was over. I hope that everyone enjoyed the party: it certainly didn't create any problems for the neighbours this year.

JMC

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 11:26:21 PM »
I can hear the event but it doesn't bother me as it is for a great cause and it is only every now and then.

Howard

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 09:43:54 PM »
Another sleepless night of hell for the residents of Wood Lane, Cross Lane, Woodville Drive, Peacefield and everyone within half a mile of the place  as the bass pumps out of the speakers until 3am in the morning. If you want to raise cash for a good cause do it in the afternoon or disconnect your speakers at 11pm instead of pretending that the party and noise has ended at eleven because you shove your speakers into a tent. If Marple is to suffer a monsoon, please God let it be next Saturday night.

The club really does like to get on with its neighbours and does try to make sure that there is as little disruption to the surrounding area as possible. You should have noticed last season that there were far fewer problems with parking on Sunday mornings. It wasn't perfect but a lot has been done to improve things.

If you have any concerns at all about the event then you should contact the club captain (Rick Hammersley) or the Chairman (Bill Newton). I know them both and they will listen.

Rachael

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 09:26:54 PM »
The Rugby pitch is directly behind my house, So I guess I would have reason to complain more than many in Marple,  but  I honestly cannot see what the problem is, last year ( maybe the year before ? )  we had an event, all the neighbours were notified by leaflets inviting them to the clubhouse, offering them a drink the night before  ( on the house ) to raise any concerns .

If it was every week, I could understand people complaining , but a fundraiser, for an extreeemly good cause once a year .. .twice at the most , I dont think its unreasonable , and you never know, charities like this rely greatly on public support , especially if its a local charity, my view is, you might need the help of that charity one day .

Why not get a ticket and get involved in a great night out, you might even have a good time and come home thanking the organisers that this was right on your doorstep

I understand that people have a right to their privacy and quiet, but if you have prior warning, I honestly dont see what the problem is .

I hope they raise lots of money for a worth while cause :)

the rover

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 09:18:13 AM »
Off topic post removed. Howard

Can we please have a subject on here where somebody (MM) does not mention Asda or Chadwick Street as I and probably others as well are fed up with it?

simonesaffron

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 06:48:57 AM »
Do we really have to "Rock into Summer"...Can we not just gently glide into it ?

Miss Marple

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 12:13:50 AM »
Off topic post removed. Howard

marplerambler

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 12:27:51 PM »
Another sleepless night of hell for the residents of Wood Lane, Cross Lane, Woodville Drive, Peacefield and everyone within half a mile of the place  as the bass pumps out of the speakers until 3am in the morning. If you want to raise cash for a good cause do it in the afternoon or disconnect your speakers at 11pm instead of pretending that the party and noise has ended at eleven because you shove your speakers into a tent. If Marple is to suffer a monsoon, please God let it be next Saturday night.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Rock into Summer at Marple Rugby Club
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 10:50:41 AM »
Marple Rugby Club, Wood Lane SK6 7RE, in aid of Marple Cancer Charities Committee, presents:

Rock into Summer with White Van Man (as seen on Emmerdale and Stars in Their Eyes) + Rare Candy + Joe Warhurst.

+Hot 100 Prize Draw + Live Auction for signed Man Utd Ball + Emmerdale Set Tour.

Tickets £10 incl Hot Food ONLY IN ADVANCE from Alan The PAint at 52 Markets Street.

Enquiries 0161 312 5268

Doors open 7pm, Rare Candy 8pm, Draw 8.30pm, White Van Man 9pm, Bar 'til 11.30pm.

All proceeds to Cancer Research UK and Macmillan Cancer Support

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website