Marple Community Forum & Noticeboard
April 17, 2014, 01:30:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Main Site

Support Friends of Marple Memorial Park when you shop on-line:

News: Banner Adverts on this site raise £1,000 for Skatepark Project

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Mobile Auto-electrician serving Stockport, Manchester and Cheshire

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Walk to the college (Saturday 7 July 2012)  (Read 2681 times)
wheels

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 08:42:52 PM »

Must say that does not look to be much of a turnout.

Must have been very very disappointing for MiA. The fact is people will have gone along themselves and got the information, they might still be opposed but are perfectly able to make their own representation once the planning application has gone in.

Whilst I still have concerns it does look as if the need for MiA has run its course.
Pink Panther

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 09:47:41 PM »

Why would the yes group attend the session at Buxton Lane, there is no need to , Asda will do the hard work for the people in support of the supermarket .

The focus group I attended at Bredbury Hall , there was a couple of ladies there who when we first started discussing the supermarket, were very set against it, by the end of the session through talking to other residents of Marple, their  view had actually changed drasticly , now that is not from influence from Asda, as at the time we did not know it was an Asda focus group ,it was from having level headed discussions , and listening to other opinions in the group, without the back biting and sniping which is getting very very boring to read on here , has no substance , and quite frankly not fair on the members of the forum who are genuinely interested, worried maybe, and maybe cant attend meetings etc, its not fair on them to have to wade through the rubbish to get some proper facts .

What I will say, is that you are  very blinkered if you think the yes group only consists of 3 people, there is more support for it than you think, Im not going to attend a yes meeting, it would be pointless , because if permission goes ahead, Asda are building it, with or without my support.

Marple in Action is well supported , well organised ,  well publicised and fair play to you  on the hard work you do , but in a community of twenty thousand plus people   ... I would be more worried about the signatures, support you havent got ,  you have a good few thousand signatures, but where are all the others ?

I'm not up to no good, it only looks as though I am!     Cool
Johnnyboy

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2012, 10:48:14 PM »

Hav 2 agree ma marple and MIA have done great.  I carnt be bothered looking back through all the posts but if I remember I think ma marple lives on dan bank so Mr Wheels both issues would hav been very important to her.   Where do you live MR Wheels nowhere near Stockport Rd or dan bank I bet   

The truth is out there!!!
Maria

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 10:32:16 AM »

Not bad for a gathering arranged in a matter of days I say well done MIA.
Howard
Global Moderator

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 04:02:06 PM »

This has become WAY off topic. Posts have been moved and will be dropped back into appropriate threads. Howard

Howard
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Tweets by @marplewebsite