Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: The Right to Light?  (Read 2520 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: The Right to Light?
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 10:28:11 PM »
I don't know about Planning Permission for a supermarket but having just had an extension but and having applied for Planning Permision a neighbour can object if the extension is blocking light into a habitable room which is a lounge, kitchen etc but not stairs.

Based on personal experience in this type of matter, it would also depend on whether the obstructed window was the only window for that room. If not the pp might be refused.

Victor M

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 08:30:54 AM »
Amazon, if the tree is near enough to your property that the roots could be causing damage there may be something you could do but it is not simple try http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/undefined/england/housing_e/housing_problems_where_you_live_e/neighbour_disputes

amazon

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 09:17:54 PM »
If it requires planning permission you can object using this ;
http://www.planningsanity.co.uk/forums/hr/hrbrief.htm
right to light is somewhere in there ( search box at top) !!

and I have done... its awhile back however I'm not aware this particular act changing! 

Human rights has been used in objecting to planning applications, sometimes failing, sometimes succeeding, many times over the last few years

If you do have any planning queries then email Chris at PS an he'll advise you.

Councillor trees are the problem . Taking the light .

the rover

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 08:49:32 PM »

and I have done... its awhile back however I'm not aware this particular act changing!  

Human rights has been used in objecting to planning applications, sometimes failing, sometimes succeeding, many times over the last few years

I don't know about Planning Permission for a supermarket but having just had an extension but and having applied for Planning Permision a neighbour can object if the extension is blocking light into a habitable room which is a lounge, kitchen etc but not stairs.

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 07:27:38 PM »

Victor M

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 07:13:05 PM »
Do people have a right to light .this is nothing to do with supermarkets or Chadwick street I just need some info
Amazon, Unfortunately they don't.
There are rules concerning fencing, namely that you have to have planning permission if it is over 6 ft. in height, but if you erect a 5 ft fence and it blocks someones window you can't do anything about it.

If you need more info try the CAB website or go and visit them in Memorial Park.  

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 07:12:10 PM »
Amazon.. yes they do.

amazon

The Right to Light?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 06:59:04 PM »
I do apologise... please consider my comment rephrased as....

"The decision is based on many planning considerations, not just its position within the TOWN. It makes it harder to fight, but never impossible!! "

not quite sure how that affects this and the points I am trying to make here, people have the same rights regardless of where they live!!

Do people have a right to light .this is nothing to do with supermarkets or Chadwick street I just need some info