RC Cars, RC Helicopters, RC Planes | Nitrotek Ltd

Author Topic: College and ASDA's Plans Revealed  (Read 54236 times)

the rover

Re: College and ASDA's Plans Revealed
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2012, 02:45:31 PM »
Can I ask a simple question???

If an Asda is built on Hibbert Lane will all of the people who have voiced their opinions about not wanting an Asda boycot it if is built and still do all of their shopping in all of the other local shops (including the Co-op)?

wheels

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2012, 02:39:00 PM »
building looks nice on the leaflet

So did the New Rose Hill School  it's what it looks like when it's built that's the problem.  Can anyone see the back entry for service trucks and the like ican not see this.  Will this be another entrance facing Brindly Ave wher main reception is now ?

I live near the new Rose Hill and I think it looks nice

amazon

« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2012, 02:04:06 PM »
But ten years down the line, they could extend on that land ?

To me this is a fundamental question, as this green plot looks like it is all set up ready for another development in the future.

So, can that green space NEVER be built on, or can it be built on in 10 years time? We keep hearing different takes on this. Does anyone know for sure?
I can't see a petrol station on the plan, but I maybe wrong. They are usually built a good way from the actual store so I would think it would be on the Green land on the plan. So the store is described as being smaller than first thought. It doesn't matter, be it sales area, warehouse, car park, trolley park, Goods in/out service road, Customer in/out road and possible petrol station it is all ASDA! on a very big site.

ASDA would be better taking over the coop reallocating the old folks and fire station and building back .

amazon

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2012, 02:01:25 PM »

So did the New Rose Hill School  it's what it looks like when it's built that's the problem.  Can anyone see the back entry for service trucks and the like ican not see this.  Will this be another entrance facing Brindly Ave wher main reception is now ?

Keep trying to find problems miss marbles .you will be able to go and look tomorrow .and ask questions .

sooty2

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2012, 01:40:54 PM »

To me this is a fundamental question, as this green plot looks like it is all set up ready for another development in the future.

So, can that green space NEVER be built on, or can it be built on in 10 years time? We keep hearing different takes on this. Does anyone know for sure?
I can't see a petrol station on the plan, but I maybe wrong. They are usually built a good way from the actual store so I would think it would be on the Green land on the plan. So the store is described as being smaller than first thought. It doesn't matter, be it sales area, warehouse, car park, trolley park, Goods in/out service road, Customer in/out road and possible petrol station it is all ASDA! on a very big site.

Miss Marple

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2012, 01:35:05 PM »

bluebelly

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2012, 01:29:07 PM »

Henry_

« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2012, 12:46:39 PM »

I agree they need badgering on this at the consultation to the point where some form of written commitment is made.

Miss Marple

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2012, 12:42:23 PM »
Paul Lawrence SMBC planning stated at the meeting in the park that MIA got them to hold outside that.   The supermarket would probably be the size of Morrison's in Cheadle Heath, the developer could not build on all the 8.5 acres initially but after 10 years they can build on the whole development.   Now that's what he said on 27th July 2011 whether that's now changed I don't know but it's a good question.   
Also where's the community youth club and sports hall on Hibbert Lane going to be this is joint owned by CAMCFC and SMBC so should not be moved this is in the Deeds  it's for community use on Hibbert Lane

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2012, 12:31:38 PM »

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

acoustician

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2012, 10:30:42 AM »
In the ASDA document, it states that it will be "slightly" bigger than the Co-op.
25,000 sq ft sales area as opposed to 17,000 sq ft.
My maths isn't brilliant but that is just less than 50% bigger, so a bit more than slightly bigger.

Sales areas does not include back of house, offices etc either :/

The questionnaire on the back is an embarrassment. 

For Example.

5 Would the residents have of Marple like cheaper petrol ? No we would like it more expensive if possible please, at least £1.50 a Litre.

Agreed. Blatantly worded to get the response they want. A child could see through that.

The 'any local charities' nonsense too. It marketing 101.

simonesaffron

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2012, 10:27:11 AM »
I'm still amazed that the drawing shows that the store AND carpark occupies a space smaller than the current footprint of the college buildings.

I don't think many expected that. The open (green) space is actually bigger than it is currently and the landscaping will shield most residents.

Asda have played a good one here.. let MIA stir up hysteria.. then provide something which many will think isn't so bad.

It certainly is not a 24hr  super-hyper-megastore that people were told it could be.

It isn't now but what happens in 2020 when they decide to extend the store and sell of what's left to B & Q, KFC, Comet etc, to pay for the x10shun?

Rachael

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2012, 10:09:37 AM »

Tricky

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2012, 10:06:02 AM »
I'm still amazed that the drawing shows that the store AND carpark occupies a space smaller than the current footprint of the college buildings.

I don't think many expected that. The open (green) space is actually bigger than it is currently and the landscaping will shield most residents.

Asda have played a good one here.. let MIA stir up hysteria.. then provide something which many will think isn't so bad.

It certainly is not a 24hr  super-hyper-megastore that people were told it could be.

meh

chicken lady

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2012, 10:33:44 PM »
I had my CAMSFC letter and my ASDA letter delivered today, Rose Hill area